Niantic, the developers of the highly popular augmented reality (AR) game Pokémon Go have been making efforts to allow fans to enjoy the game even indoors during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. For example, there is the much-acclaimed Battle League in Pokémon Go.
Once designed to enable local players and friends to face off against each other, it now allows everybody across the globe to participate in edge-of-the-seat competitive matches against each other.
The League divides players into different ranks that get reset with every season, along with various rewards. With the fourth season just around the corner, we have prepared an all-new guide for you. Here, we will let you know all the important dates, rewards, and level requirements related to Season 4 of the Pokémon Go Battle League.
Dates and Level requirements in Pokémon Go Battle League Season 4
Similar to the seasons prior to this, Season 4 in the Pokémon Go Battle League shall alternate between the Great League, Ultra League, and Master League categories. Each of the Leagues will run for a period of two weeks. The Ultra League and Mater League will also feature the Premier Cup, in which Mythical and Legendary Pokémon are ineligible to participate.
Given below are the dates for every League in Season 4. Every League will be changed at the normal reset time for Pokémon Go – 1 PM PST or 9 PM UK time.
- Great League – 14th of September (Monday) to 28th of September (Monday)
- Ultra League – 28th of September (Monday) to 12th of October (Monday)
- Premier Cup with a 2500 CP limit – 28th of September (Monday) to 12th of October (Monday)
- Master League – 12th of October (Monday) to 26th of October (Monday)
- Premier Cup with no CP limit – 12th of October (Monday) to 26th of October (Monday)
- All the Leagues and the Premier Cup will become available – 3rd of November (Tuesday) to 9th of November (Monday)
The fifth season will begin from the 9th of November (Monday). Apart from this, you will also see the Flying Cup and Go Battle Night featured in Season 4. Both of them will be held on the 24th of September (Thursday) from 6 PM to 11:59 PM (local time).
As is obvious from the name, only Flying-type Pokémon are eligible to participate in the Flying Cup. Thus, make sure you have a good number of strong Flying-types in your team.
The fourth season will also celebrate the Halloween Cup, which will start from the 26th of October (Monday) and run until the 3rd of November. It will begin and end at times, given below:
- Europe – 10 PM (CEST)
- UK – 8 PM (GMT)
- East Coast US – 4 PM (EST)
- West Coast US – 1 PM (PST)
The Halloween Cup will be open for Dark, Ghost, Fairy, Bug, and Poison-type Pokemon. Participating in this Cup will give you access to reward encounters with Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle sporting Halloween costumes!
Rank requirements in the Pokémon Go Battle League
In the Pokémon Go Battle League, you will have to ascend up ten ranks in every season. For that purpose, you need to accomplish a unique objective for every Rank. There are separate rewards for every Rank as well. The tier of ranks in the Pokémon Go Battle league is:
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 1 – Default
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 2 – You must complete a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 3 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 4 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 5 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 6 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 7 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 8 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 9 – You must win a specific number of battles in the Pokémon Go League.
- Pokémon Go Battle League Rank 10 – You must possess a battle rating of 3000 in the Pokémon Go League.
To sum up, you just need to participate in the Pokémon Go Battle League in order to reach Rank 2. On the other hand, you need to triumph in battles in order to ascend up the Ranks 3 to 7. And finally, you must successfully stay unbeaten in a specific number of battles to reach Rank 10.
Set win rewards in the Pokémon Go Battle League
Every set in the Pokémon Go Battle League consists of five matches. You will be given more rewards for every subsequent win. Thus, you will be able to acquire a total of five rewards for winning all five matches in a set.
You can choose to either aim for basic rewards (which cost you nothing) or invest a Premium Pass to go for a separate set of prizes. These could be either a larger quantity of the same rewards or see the order get changed so you can get certain prizes more easily.
Since you can see both the previous and Premium rewards beforehand, you can decide whether you are willing to invest your hard-earned Premium Pass or not. That is because, of course, you never know if you will win or lose any match.
Here is a list of possible rewards in both the basic and Premium categories:
- Charged TM
- Items for your avatar (this includes things like Pikachu Libre and Steven Stone-inspired attire)
- Mystery item (this could be a Charged TM, Sinnoh Stone, or a Silver Pinap Berry)
- Poses for your avatar
- Rare Candy
- Reward Pokémon Encounter
Rank-wise Reward Pokémon Encounters in the Pokémon Go League
Whether you play in the basic or Premium reward track, you will be rewarded with the same Pokémon encounters. The only difference is that you need to win three matches in the basic reward track, and one match in the Premium reward track to be rewarded with an encounter.
However, the encounters will be different for every Rank. Higher Ranks will offer a larger range of possible encounters, including many other rare Pokemon.
You can find the complete list below.
|Rank||Guaranteed Pokémon encounter||Possible Pokémon encounters|
|2||None (if you catch the Pidgeot)||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|3||None (if you catch the Pidgeot)||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|5||None (if you catch the Pidgeot and Galarian Zigzagoon)||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|6||None (if you catch the Pidgeot and Galarian Zigzagoon)||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|8||Rufflet||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|9||Scraggy||Previous Pokémon encounters|
|10||Pikachu Libre||Previous Pokémon encounters|
Apart from this, reaching Rank 7 in the Pokémon Go Battle League will earn you Pikachu Libre-themed attire. If you manage to reach Rank 7 or beyond before Season 4 finishes, you will be rewarded with an Elite Fast TM when the next season starts.
Reaching Rank 10 will earn you avatar items based on your rival Blue from the original Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow games. You will also be given an all-new pose for your avatar in reaching Rank 10!
That is it for now. We hope this guide helped you to understand all the intricacies of Season 4 in the Pokémon Go Battle League. Now, check out our Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media Guides, iPhone, and Android Guides to read more. However, if there are any queries or feedback, comment down with your name & email ID. We will try our best to reply soon. Also, subscribe to our YouTube Channel in order to watch awesome videos on gaming and smartphone tips and tricks. Thank you!