Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based video-on-demand OTT streaming platform by Amazon.com, Inc., offering standalone service to the users for streaming content. But sometimes it may ruin your streaming experience or mood because it may possible that Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Windows 11 for some unexpected reasons. Now, if you’re also facing the same issue, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Due to technical errors or server-side issues, the Amazon Prime Video service may get interrupted in some scenarios. Whereas sometimes it may also be possible that your web browser or application is outdated, browser cache data is causing some issue, the internet connection isn’t running well, maybe you’re using a VPN service on your computer that’s actually conflicting with the server connectivity, etc. So, you may ask what’s the solution?
Fix: Amazon Prime Video Not Working on Windows 11
Well, the issue is quite common for Windows users and so the Windows 11 users. Here we’ve mentioned a couple of possible workarounds for you that should fix the Prime Video not working issue on your PC completely. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Update your Browser
Make sure to update your web browser on the PC to fix multiple bugs or stability issues with the browser application. For example, if you’re using the Google Chrome browser for streaming content on Amazon Prime Video then follow the steps below to check for browser updates.
- Launch Google Chrome > Click on the Menu (three vertical dots icon) from the top-right corner.
- Click on Settings > Select About Chrome from the left pane.
- The Chrome system will automatically check for available updates. If there is an update available, it will automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, simply restart your Chrome browser.
Note: If you’re using any other web browser then the steps may slightly vary but the overall process will be the same for Windows.
2. Check for Internet Connection
It’s needless to say that having a poor or unstable internet connection may cause several issues with the online streaming apps or servers whatsoever. Make sure to have a stable and faster internet speed to stream Amazon Prime Video content on your Windows 11 PC to avoid buffering or server connectivity issues. If you’re using Wi-Fi then switch it to wired (ethernet) or vice versa to check for the issue. Otherwise, ask your ISP to upgrade the current plan.
3. Install Microsoft Silverlight
Although Microsoft Silverlight is a discontinued application framework for Windows to run web applications properly, we’ll recommend you try installing the Microsoft Silverlight program on your Windows 11 by using the Microsoft link to check for the issue.
4. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies
Sometimes the web browser cache and cookies data can cause several issues with the webpage loading or redirects error to the server. So, it can be fixed easily by clearing the browser cache and cookies data. For example, if you’re using Chrome browser then you can check the steps below:
- Open Chrome browser > Click on the Menu (three vertical dots icon) from the upper right side of the browser interface.
- Now, hover over the More tools field to expand the drop-down list.
- Click on Clear browsing data.
- Next, under the Basic tab, select the Time range according to your preference.
- Then click on the checkbox of Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, Cached images and files to select them.
- Finally, click on Clear data.
- Once done, restart your Chrome browser, and check whether the problem has been fixed or not.
Note: If you’re using any other web browser then the actual steps may vary but the overall process will be the same in most cases.
5. Disable VPN and Proxy
You should try disabling the VPN and Proxy server on your Windows 11 PC to check if the server connectivity issue has been fixed or not. First of all, you’ll need to turn off Proxy by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type inetcpl.cpl into the dialog box and click on OK.
- Click on the Connections tab > Select Never dial a connection (if available).
- Click on LAN settings > Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- If this setting is already unchecked, try to turn on Automatically detect settings.
- Click on OK to apply changes.
Now, if you’re using any VPN service on your PC via an app then make sure to turn off the VPN service or directly uninstall the app until the problem has been fixed.
6. Try using Mobile Hotspot
You can also try using the mobile hotspot on your Windows 11 temporarily to check if the Amazon Prime Video not working issue has been fixed or not. If the problem is no longer appearing then you should contact your ISP regarding the same and ask for technical support.
7. Reinstall Amazon Prime Videos for Windows App
If none of the methods worked for you then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Amazon Prime Videos for Windows app on your Win11 PC to check for the issue again. The chances are high that the desktop application has some issues. So, it’s better to delete the application and install it again. To do so:
- Press the Windows + I keys to Settings.
- Click on Apps > Click on Apps & features.
- Search for Amazon Prime Video for Windows app from the list of installed programs.
- Now, click on the three vertical dots icon next to Amazon Prime Video for Windows.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the task to delete the app completely.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, head over to the Microsoft Store > Search for Amazon Prime Videos for Windows.
- Download and Install the desktop application > Open the app and sign in to the account to proceed.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.