Amazon Prime Video is a popular subscription video-on-demand OTT streaming and rental service by Amazon.com, Inc., which offers popular movies and TV shows to subscribers on every platform. Here every platform means users can even stream content via Amazon Prime Video on PlayStation 5 consoles. Meanwhile, it seems that some users are experiencing the PS5 Amazon Prime Video Crashing or Not Working Issue. If you’re one of them, follow this guide.
It’s quite common these days for OTT platform users to encounter multiple issues related to the app launching or crashing on any device but PS5 users may not gonna face such issues every day most probably. However, there are some reports coming out that the Amazon Prime Video app is not working unexpectedly. It basically throws out an error notice that says “something went wrong” to the users while trying to launch Amazon Prime Video.
PS5 Amazon Prime Video Crashing or Not Working Issue | How to Fix?
Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should gonna help you to fix the issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the PS5
Make sure to restart your PS5 console and the controller to refresh the cache data or any kind of temporary data completely. Sometimes clearing out the system glitch can fix multiple issues whatsoever.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
It’s worth recommending to check out the internet connection properly before going to any conclusion. Sometimes a poor or unstable internet connection can cause several issues with the app launching. If in case, your internet connection isn’t stable enough then make sure to switch the wired (ethernet) connection to Wi-Fi (wireless) or vice versa to check for the issue again.
3. Check System Updates
You should always check for the system updates on your PS5 console that should fix multiple issues or bugs on the system. A new software update can bring several bug fixes and improvements mostly. To do so:
- Go to the Settings menu on the PlayStation 5 console.
- Select System Software Update > Make sure to check for available updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Once done, reboot the system to apply changes.
4. Delete Saved App Data
A corrupted or missing game data can cause multiple issues with the app crashing or not launching the app on the PlayStation 5 console. It’s better to delete the saved app data to fix the issue. To do this:
- Go to the Settings menu > Select Storage.
- Choose to Saved Data > Select Amazon Prime Video.
- Press the Options button on the controller > Select the saved app data file.
- Hit Delete and confirm the task to complete it.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the console to apply changes.
5. Rebuild Database
If none of the methods worked for you then try rebuilding the database on your PlayStation 5 console can quickly resolve the potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely > Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug the power cable into the console and turn it on to clear the cached data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Amazon Prime Video app or not. If not, follow the next steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation 5 console until you hear 2 beep sounds. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in the Safe Mode > Now, connect the controller to the USB with the console, and then press the PS Button on the controller.
- Here you’ll need to select ‘Rebuild Database’ and confirm the task.
- It may take some time depending on the hard drive data size. So, wait for the process to be completed.
- Once done, just reboot the system to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.