Destruction and gadgetry in Rainbow Six Siege are too good when it comes to the graphics & gameplay experience. Ubisoft always keeps focusing on providing better games for all platforms, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege is a solid example of that. However, it seems the game isn’t running well for some unfortunate players. Here you can fix Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freeze on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and S easily.
If you’re one of the victims to encounter the same, you can follow this full troubleshooting guide. Well, the screen flickering or the freezing issue can trouble you a lot while intense gaming sessions no matter whether you’re using a PC or a gaming console. Apart from the black screen or lags or screen tearing issue, plenty of players may also encounter flickering as well as other graphical glitches, which include visual shimmering or glares, etc that can upset you.
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Black Screen After Startup
Rainbow Six Siege Players Report 0-0x00000001 error, Is There A Fix?
Rainbow Six Siege Not Using GPU, How to Fix?
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Voice Chat Not Working on PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox Consoles
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Getting Kicked from Games For No Reason
How to Fix Rainbow Six Siege High Ping and Packet Loss
Does Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Support Steam Deck
Rainbow Six Siege Player Count Stats in 2023
Rainbow Six Siege Best Attackers 2023
- Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on PC
- 1. Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
- 2. Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
- 3. Update GPU Drivers
- 4. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 5. Check Your Internet Connection
- 6. Update Rainbow Six Siege
- 7. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- 8. Set High Performance in Power Options
- 9. Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 10. Update Windows
- Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on PS4 and PS5
- 1. Use Another Graphics Mode
- 2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
- 3. Update PlayStation Firmware
- 4. Update Rainbow Six Siege
- 5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
- 6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
- 7. Check your TV or Monitor
- 8. Check the HDMI port
- 9. Check the Free Hard Drive Space
- 10. Eject the Game Disc and Gently Clean It
- 11. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
- 12. Clear Rainbow Six Siege Game Data
- 13. Rebuild Database
- 14. Hard Reset your Console
- 15. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
- Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and S
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on PC
Mostly issues with the in-game graphics settings or the Vertical Sync-related issue are something that can trigger the screen flickering or unresponsiveness issue on the PC. Sometimes issues with the software and compatibility with the PC can also occur multiple conflicts while running the game. Luckily, there are several workarounds mentioned below that can help you a lot. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
Turning on the Vertical Sync feature on your Nvidia Control Panel app for the Rainbow Six Siege game is recommended to avoid graphical glitches up to some extent. Remember that this method only applies if you’re using an Nvidia graphics card.
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel from the Start menu. If it’s not installed, go to Microsoft Store and install it.
- Go to 3D Settings > Select Manage 3D settings in the Nvidia Control Panel interface.
- Select Program Settings > Click on Add and select Rainbow Six Siege from the list of programs on your PC.
- If the game application isn’t listed, click on Browse and head over to the installed Rainbow Six Siege directory on the drive.
- Simply locate the Rainbow Six Siege folder and add the RainbowSixSiege.exe application > Then make sure to select the game in the list and add it.
- Now, make sure to scroll down to Vertical sync > Click on it and select On to enable it.
- Restart your computer to apply changes and play the game to check for the issue again.
2. Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
First, you should try lowering the in-game graphics settings on your PC or console to check if that helps you fix the frame drops or stuttering issues. Try turning off some of the display settings for the Rainbow Six Siege game such as texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, anti-aliasing, etc. This should improve the FPS count and performance/smoothness in gameplay.
3. Update GPU Drivers
If in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver on the Windows computer then make sure to install the latest patch version. To do so, you’ll need to check for available updates by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
4. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is simply close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. Make sure to keep Rainbow Six Siege, Steam, and other system-related tasks running as it is. To clear out background tasks:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Finally, just restart your computer to change effects immediately, and check for the Rainbow Six Siege screen flickering or freezing issue.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
You should also try checking for the internet connection on your PC whether it’s running well or not. A slower internet speed or unstable connectivity can cause issues with the game launching or fetching data from the server. You can also try switching the internet connection from wired (ethernet) to wireless (Wi-Fi) to cross-check the network connectivity problem.
If your IP address has some issues or your DNS address is troubling you a lot then make sure to use the Google DNS address on the PC to avoid rubberbanding connection or stuttering or even lagging issues which can happen due to slow internet.
6. Update Rainbow Six Siege
Sometimes an outdated game version can also bring multiple bugs or issues. It’s better to update your Rainbow Six Siege game by following the steps below. If an update is available, then install the latest patch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Rainbow Six Siege from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- The process may take some time > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
7. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Rainbow Six Siege from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Rainbow Six Siege.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
8. Set High Performance in Power Options
If in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, just set the High-Performance mode for better results. Although this option will take higher power usage or battery usage. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
9. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the Rainbow Six Siege game task.
- Select Set Priority to High > Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the Rainbow Six Siege game to check if it freezes or not.
10. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press the Win+I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on PS4 and PS5
If you’re using the PS4 or PS5 console and facing the screen flickering issue quite often then make sure to follow the methods below one by one until the problem gets fixed.
1. Use Another Graphics Mode
It’s expected to encounter frame drops in some games occasionally even if you’re using the PS4/PS5 console. Make sure to try using another graphics mode in the game settings menu to cross-check whether the higher graphics settings are conflicting with the system performance or not. Sometimes changing the graphics mode or reducing the graphics quality up to some extent (depending on your need), may fix such an issue.
2. Reboot the PS4/PS5 Console
If in case, you’re one of the PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console users and having issues with the system performance or even the in-game performance then make sure to reboot the PS4/PS5 console to refresh the system. Sometimes a simple restart of the console may fix the issue with the game crashes or lags, stutters, screen flickering, etc.
3. Update PlayStation Firmware
It’s recommended to update the PS4/PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
4. Update Rainbow Six Siege
If you haven’t updated the Rainbow Six Siege video game on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Rainbow Six Siege and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
5. Power Cycle your PS4/PS5
It seems that sometimes any system glitch or cache issue can cause errors, crashes, lags, screen flickering, etc. By power cycling your console, you can simply clear the temporary cache or glitch to improve the performance.
- First, shut down your console completely.
- Next, remove the power cable from the console.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and plug the cable back in.
- Finally, turn on the PS4/PS5 console and check for the issue again.
6. Keep PS4/PS5 in a well-ventilated area
In some scenarios, your PS4/PS5 console may trigger several issues with the system performance or game lags due to overheating. Sometimes the lack of proper air ventilation in the room may cause hardware stress that directly affects gameplay or gaming performance. So, it would be best if you kept your PS4/PS5 console in a well-ventilated place to check whether there is an overheating issue.
The proper airflow and the cooler place or temperature inside the room might help the PS4/PS5 console work better. Keeping the console in a congested area or directly under sunlight may trouble a lot.
7. Check your TV or Monitor
Another possible reason behind the Rainbow Six Siege game lagging on the PS4/PS5 console is that your TV or monitor might have some issues with the screen refresh rate. Maybe a temporary glitch or the refresh rate issue on the PS4/PS5 console may trigger some issues.
8. Check the HDMI port
It’s also recommended to check the HDMI port of both the console and display device properly because a misalignment or dust particles can easily cause connectivity issues. Try gently removing the HDMI cable and then blowing some air in force to clear dirt/dust from the HDMI port.
9. Check the Free Hard Drive Space
Sometimes having low storage space on the hard drive can also trigger application launching issues apart from glitches, slow loading, lags, graphical issues, etc. You should always check for free hard drive storage space before getting to any other conclusion. If the free storage space is too low then make sure to uninstall unnecessary games or other applications from your PlayStation console and check for the screen tearing issue again.
10. Eject the Game Disc and Gently Clean It
If in case, you’re using the disc edition of the PlayStation console then keeping and using the physical discs are quite a tough job because any kind of scratches or physical damage or even dust particles can easily ruin the disc and your gaming experience too. So, it’s suggested to simply eject the game disc and gently clean it using a microfiber cloth to remove smudges and dirt then try inserting the disc again to check for the issue.
11. Try Playing Another Game on PS4/PS5
Sometimes PlayStation games may not run properly, which is a bit of a letdown. Make sure to play another game on the PS4/PS5 console to check for the issue, or wait some time to try again.
12. Clear Rainbow Six Siege Game Data
Clearing out the game-saved data on the console may also fix multiple issues with the game launching or gameplay. You can try it out:
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose System Storage, Online Storage, or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the Rainbow Six Siege game > Checkmark the files you want to delete or Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the Rainbow Six Siege screen flickering issue on the PS4/PS5 console.
13. Rebuild Database
Rebuilding the database on your PlayStation console can quickly resolve potential issues or errors. To do so:
- Switch off your console completely. Unplug the power cable from the console and wait for around 2-3 minutes.
- Now, plug in the power cable, and turn it on to clear the Cached Data automatically from the system.
Check whether this issue has been fixed with the Rainbow Six Siege game or not. If not, follow the next steps below.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the PlayStation console until you hear 2 beeps. [The second beep will sound after seven seconds]
- The console will boot in Safe Mode > Connect the controller to the USB with the console and press the PS Button on the controller.
- Next, you’ll get an option called Rebuild Database.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm the task.
- It may take some time, depending on the hard drive data size. Have some patience.
- Once done, reboot the system normally.
14. Hard Reset your Console
In most cases, performing the hard reset of your console can fix system glitches or cache data issues from the game itself. To do so:
- Switch off your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console first.
- Once the console is turned off, press and hold the Power button on the console until you hear two beep sounds within a couple of seconds.
- Here you’ll see two reset options to choose from.
- Select the necessary option to reset your PlayStation console.
- Wait for the process to complete and then make sure to sign in to the PlayStation account.
- Finally, install the Rainbow Six Siege game, and try running it.
15. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
As a bonus method make sure not to put your console in rest mode because it may cause the system to have glitches or fully goes into rest mode. So, during the gameplay sessions, don’t put in the rest mode. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS4/PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
Fix: Rainbow Six Siege Screen Flickering or Freezing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and S
If you’re using the Xbox gaming console and facing the screen tearing issue with the Rainbow Six Siege game, then follow the methods below.
1. Check System Updates
We’ll highly recommend you check for system updates on the Xbox console before jumping into any other getting into any other workarounds because an outdated system version can trigger screen-related issues whatsoever. To do so:
- Press the Home button on the Xbox console to open the Dashboard menu.
- Now, select Settings from the bottom of the menu > Select All Settings.
- Choose to System > Select Updates.
- Select Update Console (if available) > Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
- Once done, make sure to restart the console to apply changes.
2. Update Rainbow Six Siege
You should also update the game version on your console to ensure there is no issue with the game files. An outdated or corrupted game can easily trigger multiple issues whatsoever. To do so:
- Go to the My Games and Apps section of your Dashboard menu.
- Select Manage > Go to Updates.
- If your Rainbow Six Siege game has any available updates, you can find them easily.
- Select the update process and press the A button on the controller to start it.
Note: It’s worth recommending going to the Settings page > Choose Systems > Select Updates to update your game automatically whenever the console is connected to the internet.
3. Power Cycle your Xbox Console
Performing a power cycle method on your Xbox console is worth mentioning to ensure there is no issue with the device firmware or glitch. A normal reboot might not work in most cases and requires a power cycle process to clear out temporary glitches or cache data issues. To do this:
- Power Off the Xbox console > Unplug the power cable from the console and power source.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable in.
- Make sure to turn on the Xbox console and check whether the screen flickering issue has been fixed or not.
4. Reinstall the Game
You should also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Rainbow Six Siege game on your Xbox console. Once done, make sure to reinstall it on the Xbox console to avoid game-related issues. To do this:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select My Games and Apps > Hit See all > Choose Games.
- Then select the Ready to install tab > Select Queue.
- Select the Rainbow Six Siege game that you’re trying to reinstall.
- Now, press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Manage game & add-ons or Manage app.
- Choose Rainbow Six Siege > Select Uninstall all.
- Make sure to select Uninstall all to confirm the task.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Reboot the system to apply changes.
- Then press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu again.
- Hit My Games and Apps > Select See all > Go to Games.
- Select the Ready to install tab > Hit Install for Rainbow Six Siege.
- Wait for the installation process, and then restart the console.
5. Reset the Console
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then make sure to follow the steps below to reset the console manually simply. By doing so, you can easily clear out system glitches or cache data issues from your console whatsoever. To do so:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
- Select Profile & system > Go to Settings > Select System.
- Go to Console info > Select Reset console.
- You’ll get a prompt like Reset your console.
- Here you should select Reset and remove everything. [This will delete all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, all installed apps & games, etc.]
- Although you can choose to Reset and keep your games & apps, it may not resolve the issue in most cases.
- After you select the option, your Xbox console starts deleting and resetting the system to the factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to get completed, then reboot the console.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.