Discord has become one of the free and popular VoIP, instant messaging as well as digital distribution platforms that people find really helpful for creating niche communities. It supports voice calls, video calls, text messaging, private chats, etc. Now, if you’re new to Discord or don’t know really How to Save a Profile Picture in Discord, then you should go through this full article.
Here we’ve mentioned all the possible ways to easily save or download the user’s picture in Discord whether you’re using a mobile or a computer. Millions of Discord users are using their own profile picture which is also known as ‘Avatar’. So, you can easily click/tap on the profile picture of any person or channel and see it. However, that profile picture will small in size and Discord doesn’t let you save that image.
How to Save Profile Picture in Discord?
Yes! You read it right. Even though you’ll be able to see the profile picture of any user in Discord by clicking/tapping on it, you won’t be able to download/save it in a usual way.
There are a couple of other ways to easily save/download the profile picture that we’ve shared below. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Use Inspect Element on Web Browser
If you’re using any of the web browsers like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox then you can easily perform this method. Otherwise, simply open the Discord application and do the same. You just need is to view the profile picture of the user and use the Inspect Element feature in the Discord webpage or application. You’ll have to view the HTML code and perform it by following the steps below:
- Visit the Discord webpage or the application and sign in to your account first.
- Now, head over to the server or friend list and click on any of the profile pictures.
- Click on the View Profile to show the profile picture.
- Next, press the Ctrl + Shift + I keys together on your keyboard to open the Inspect Element option on the browser or even on the discord application.
- Then click on Select an element icon at the top (mouse pointer with a box).
- Now, click on the user’s Profile Picture again.
- From the HTML code section, make sure to expand the class value to find the URL of the profile image.
- So, just copy the image URL and open it in the browser/new tab.
- Once the image loads, you can simply right-click on the image and choose the ‘Save Image as’ option to download/save it.
- By default, the picture will be saved in WebP format. However, you can convert WebP format to the PNG format if you want so.
Please Note: You can further increase the size of the image before downloading it by just multiplying the resolution value in the URL. The default value should be 128 but you can change it to 256, 512, and even 1028 to increase the actual image size. Once changed, you can save it to the selected resolution.
2. Use the Discord Bot
In another way, you can use the Discord Bot to save someone’s profile picture. There are a couple of Discord bots available that provides the avatar feature. We’ll suggest you use the Dyno bot to save the profile picture. By default, the picture will be in a 256px resolution that you’ll open via the bot.
Some other famous Discord Bots that you can use are Dank Memer Bot, YAGPDB Bot, Kashima Bot, Tatsu Bot, Ayana Bot, Yggdrasil Bot, and Mudae Bot.
Please Note: If you’re using any other bot on your Discord server, you can use the same bot to perform such tasks. For further details, you can check out the official Discord site help.
- Open the Discord application or webpage on a browser.
- Log in to your account and go to the server where you’ll find both the Dyno Bot and the user’s profile picture. (If you’re using your own server, you can simply add the Dyno bot)
- Now, go to the text channel and type the following command line with the username of that specific user:
- It’ll basically open up the user’s profile picture.
- Click on the profile picture and open the original file in a browser/new tab.
- Here you can save/download the image by right-clicking on it and selecting the ‘Save Image as’ option.
- Additionally, you can change the size/resolution of the profile picture by changing the last value in the URL. You can set 128, 256, 512, and 1024.
- The downloaded picture will be stored in your storage as PNG.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, feel free to ask in the comment below.