Last updated on April 7th, 2021 at 01:29 pm
In this post, we will guide you on how to flash the firmware file on Infinix Smart 3 (X5516). It will come in handy when your device is bricked, or it’s facing boot loops issue or any other bugs. The Infinix Smart 3 is a MediaTek chipset-based device, we need to use the SP Flash tool to install the firmware flash file on this device. We have put up the full guide for you with all the necessary steps.
Well, you might be facing the lagging issue, or maybe you tried to root your Infinix Smart 3 which did not go too well and you end up bricking your device. Whatever the case might be, one of the best solutions to fix your Infinix Smart 3 is by installing or flashing the firmware file back on it. You can consider flashing firmware files like doing a Factory Data Reset on your Infinix Smart 3 running on stock ROM.
How to Flash Firmware File on Infinix Smart 3 (X5516)
Well, the answer is simple. Yes, Installing a firmware file on Infinix Smart 3 is quite easy. We will make use of the SP Flash tool in this process. This tool is also known by the name of Smartphone Flash Tool. There are many misconceptions regarding installing stock ROM. However, if it’s the first time flashing a ROM manually, then do not worry, we will guide you completely.
To make this guide convenient for our users, we are going to divide this into multiple segments. First, we will help you to set up device drivers and Flash software. Then we will begin with the actual flashing process followed by the downloading of the corresponding Stock ROM.
Advantages of Installing Stock ROM
Here are some of the advantages of installing stock ROM on your device:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Infinix Smart 3
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Infinix Smart 3
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Infinix Smart 3
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty
- Device Supported: Infinix Smart 3 (X5516)
- Tool Supported: SP Flash tool
- Processor: MediaTek SoC
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
- File: Software Update
- Gapps: Included
Guidelines to Install Firmware File on Infinix Smart 3
Now, before we get straight to the Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Infinix Smart 3, let us take a look at some of the prerequisites.
- Supported device: Infinix Smart 3 X5516
- Make sure to charge your device more than 50%
- You need a PC or Laptop with a USB cable.
- Take a complete backup of your android phone
- Download Drivers and Tools: VCOM drivers, SP Flash Tool, and Android USB Drivers
Download Flash Files
|Software Details||Download Link|
|Flash File Name: X5516-H613OPQ-Go-190304V139.zip
File Size: 2 GB
Android Version: 9.0 Pie
Instructions to Install: via SP Flash tool
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the firmware installation steps below:
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tools on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Infinix Smart 3, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Infinix Smart 3
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the Stock Firmware on your Infinix Smart 3 X5516 device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.