If you are using Asus Zenfone 6 2019 (ZS630KL) smartphone and want to root then you’re in right place. You can now Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 6 2019 and root using Magisk.
Here in this article, we will cover all the basic details, requirements, download links, and installation steps completely. If you’re an advanced user or a developer, you may know that installing TWRP Recovery and rooting a device can make a huge difference in user experience. You can simply do a lot of things or customizations after installing TWRP Recovery and gaining root access. You will be able to flash Custom ROMs, install Mods, perform backup and restore, installing root, and more.
Let’s head over to the device specifications overview in brief. Then we will head over to the Recovery.
Asus Zenfone 6 2019 Specifications: Overview
The Asus Zenfone 6 sports a huge 6.4-inches IPS LCD touch display with a resolution of 1080 × 2340 pixels. There is no notch or punch-hole camera on the display which offers a 92% screen-to-body ratio. It’s pack with the Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection and has a full glass body. It powers with Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC and paired with up to 8GB of RAM. The phone also comes with up to 256GB of internal storage. While the storage can be expandable up to 200GB via a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The handset packs a motorized flip-up all-in-one camera module of a 48MP (f/1.8) Sony IMX586 sensor and a 13MP (f/2.4) ultrawide-angle lens along with an LED flash. The camera module will work on both sides for taking rear and selfie cameras by flipping up the module. It’s a motorized module which works perfectly and quite quickly as well. The Zenfone 6 (2019) is powered by Android 9.0 Pie with ZenUI 6 out-of-the-box. It packs a 5,000 mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0 fast charging support. The handset also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor which is quite faster than its predecessor.
The device also includes Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port, 3G/4G LTE, dual Nano-SIM, etc. Meanwhile, the phone includes accelerometer, ambient light, compass, gyro, proximity sensor, etc. The Asus ZenFone 6 (2019) measures 159.10 × 75.44 × 8.40mm and weighs around 190 grams. It’s available in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver color options.
Now, we will talk about the TWRP Recovery and its advantages and then installation steps.
TWRP Recovery: Overview
TWRP full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”. It let the user flash recovery files and ROM files over ZIP or image extension easily with a simple and fully-featured User Interface. The TWRP is so much popular and widely used by the users and developers all over the world. Here we have mentioned some of the advantages of installing TWRP Recovery on your device.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- Flash Custom ROM.
- Flash modding zip files to customize your phone.
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP.
- Root and Unroot with SuperSU.
- Install Magisk for root and unroot.
- Flash GApps package as well.
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP Recovery.
- Flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 6 2019.
- Remove all bloatware using TWRP.
- You can underclock and overclock the system performance.
- Perform clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone 6 2019
We will share you the full depth guide on how to download and install TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone 6 2019 handset. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several Mods, flash ROMs, take backup & restores, and more. Follow the download links and requirements as well. Then check the full depth guide completely.
- TWRP Recovery file:
- TWRP 3.3.1-15 Unofficial by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-15 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-10 Unofficial by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-10 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-5 Unofficial by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-5 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 Unofficial by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-1 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-0 Unofficial by mauronofrio
- TWRP 3.3.1-0 Unofficial Installer by mauronofrio
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Asus USB Driver – Download and Install on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- This guide and file are only supported for Asus Zenfone 6 2019 (ZS630KL). Don’t use it on other devices.
- You will require to unlock bootloader on Asus Zenfone 6 2019. (Process will be the same)
- Charge your device battery up to 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device data.
- You will need a USB cable and a PC/Laptop to connect your phone with the computer.
Installation Guide using ADB fastboot method:
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
- Rename the TWRP image file to recovery. That’s important!
- Download and install or extract the Android SDK or ADB Folder. (C:\ADB & Fastboot)
- Now, open the command window on the same adb folder by pressing and holding the Shift key + right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- Select the “Open PowerShell window here” or Command Window option.
- Turn off your phone and connect to the PC via a USB Cable.
- Next, Press and hold the Volume Down + Power key together for a few seconds to boot into Fastboot mode.
- Now enter the following command and hit enter:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once you are done, you can reboot your phone using the following command:
You’re done. You have installed TWRP Successfully.
Steps to Root Asus Zenfone 6 2019
In order to root your phone, you will need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Asus Zenfone 6 2019 without PC or Computer. Here in this guide, we will share how to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone.
What is Rooting?
Rooting for Android means similar to the jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. It will give you the superuser access as an administrator to use your device over an Android subsystem and system apps.
Though sometimes improper rooting may brick your device or void your device warranty as well (if applicable). But it will give you some unleash power and access to change or edit the system settings, themes, icons, install other mod files, etc.
Advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Asus Zenfone 6 2019, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your device by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking device.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Asus Zenfone 6 2019.
- You can block Ads on any applications.
- By Rooting Asus Zenfone 6 2019, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Asus Zenfone 6 2019:
Here is the guide on how to root Asus Zenfone 6 2019 smartphone. Make sure to follow only one method, either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.Guide to Install SuperSU on Your Device Guide to Install Magisk and Magisk Manager
Hope that you have successfully installed TWRP and enabled root access on your Asus Zenfone 6 2019 device. In case if you’re facing any issue, feel free to ask in the comments down below.