Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE (grus). TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root, or even back up and restore any ROM.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE (grus). You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed it, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open-source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Check Popular Post
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Lineage OS 16 : List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- Download Install Android P 9.0 Generic System image (GSI) – Project Treble Device List
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE (grus)
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE (grus)
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE. Watch The Tutorial Video to Unlock Bootloader on Mi 9 SE
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows || For Mac: Click Here || For Full ADB Setup, Download Android SDK Platform
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
TWRP Recovery Details
Installation Guide using Adb Command Window:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Xiaomi Mi 9 SE:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Xiaomi Mi 9 SE without a PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Xiaomi Mi 9 SE by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Xiaomi Mi 9 SE.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Xiaomi Mi 9 SE smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Mi 9 SE. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.