Asus launched the Asus ZenFone Max M1 (codenamed ZB555KL/ZB556KL) in the year 2018 with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Now you can install the latest Android 9.0 Pie update on Asus ZenFone Max M1 (ZB555KL/ZB556KL). This is a custom ROM build, here we have shared both the LineageOS 16 and Pixel Experience ROM.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
When will Asus release Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus ZenFone Max M1?
Asus will not support Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus ZenFone Max M1, but you can try this custom ROM on your device to enjoy the Pure Android 9.0 Pie experience or LineageOS 16 without any issues. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Steps to install Android 9.0 Pie on Asus ZenFone Max M1?
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max M1.
- Supported on Asus ZenFone Max M1 ZB555KL/ZB556KL
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- You must unlock the bootloader on Asus ZenFone Max M1.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Asus ZenFone Max M1.
- All Android 9.0 Pie Supported ROM:
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on Asus ZenFone Max M1:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update on Asus ZenFone Max M1.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Asus ZenFone Max M1:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus ZenFone Max M1. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.