Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D) launched in August 2015. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 5.0.1 Lollipop and was later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Here we will guide you on how to download and install the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D – ZC550KL). You can enjoy the real sweetness of Android Pie with this Ported ROM.
To install Android 9.0 Pie on Zenfone Max, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Android 9.0 Pie on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
Guide to Install Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max?
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max.
Make sure you have an Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D).
- Supported on Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on an Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, the twrp wipe will not work)
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Zenfone Max.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Asus Zenfone Max.
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max :
Build Name Developer Lineage OS 16 for Asus Zenfone Max Developer Sakil_Mondal
- Download the Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install:
- Move the download Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to the system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie Update on Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D).
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Asus Zenfone Max :
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install Magisk root on your phone.
If you don’t want the Magisk rooting guide, then you can try SuperSU Root on Android Pie ROM.
Hope this guide was helpful to install the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max (Z010D).