Samsung Galaxy S7 (codename: herolte) launched in February 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently the company rolled Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S7. If you are waiting for Official Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy S7? Then your wait will be eternal. Currently, this device has stopped receiving the new OS update. If you want to try custom ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie AOSP? then you are in the right place.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
Samsung Galaxy S7 features a 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Exynos 8890 Octa coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB/64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy S7 comes with 12MP rear Camera and 5MP front shooting camera.
When will Samsung release Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy S7?
Samsung Galaxy S7 (codename: herolte) came out of the box with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. There is no confirmation whether Samsung will roll Android Pie update to this device. This device has already received two major OS upgrade. You can check out the List of Android 9 Pie Samsung Supported Devices.
But you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features, and Downloads
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte)?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7 (herolte).
- Supported on Samsung Galaxy S7
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- First of all, enable OEM unlock on Galaxy S7.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy S7.
- Download the Lineage OS 16 for Galaxy S7. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member Ivan_Meler]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps Package
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Samsung Galaxy S7:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Samsung Galaxy S7.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Samsung Galaxy S7:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Samsung Galaxy S7.