Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus was launched in February 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat. Now you can install the latest Android 9.0 Pie update on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus (codenamed TBX704).
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
When will Lenovo release Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus?
Lenovo will not support Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus, but you can try this custom ROM on your device to enjoy the Pure Android 9.0 Pie experience without any issues. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Steps to install Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus?
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
- Supported on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- You must unlock the bootloader on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
- Download the Lineage OS 16 Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member yener90 ]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
Source: XDA | Credits to yener90
Will it work for tab 4 10