OnePlus One (codename: bacon) was launched in April 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgrade to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. OnePlus currently stopped support for this device. But today we have something new unofficial. Yes, now you can upgrade Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus One.
Talking about the specifications, OnePlus One features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB or 64GB internal memory. The camera on the OnePlus One comes with 13MP and 5MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Google release Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus One?
OnePlus launched this device on April 2014 with Android 4.4.2 KitKat and later upgraded till Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. OnePlus has stopped sending new OS update for this device. Good news is that you can try the custom ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update. The developers are working currently to get a beta build of Android 9.0 Pie for this device. Check out the below instructions on how to try AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus One (bacon).
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Watch our video to know what’s new in Android 9.0 Pie and top features on it.
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSqeuLK4G0&t=10s” controls=”alt” rel=”no”]
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus One?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on OnePlus One.
- Supported on OnePlus One (bacon)
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Unlock The Bootloader on OnePlus One device
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on OnePlus One.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer Agent_fabulous]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
Instructions to Install on OnePlus One:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on OnePlus One.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on OnePlus One:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for OnePlus One.
- How to Install Bootleggers ROM on OnePlus One (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- How To Install crDroid OS Oreo on OnePlus One (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo on OnePlus One [Android 8.1 Oreo]
- Update AOSiP OS on OnePlus One Android 8.1 Oreo based on AOSP
- List Of Supported TWRP Recovery For OnePlus Devices
- List of Android 9.0 Pie Supported OnePlus devices
- Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices, Release Date and More (Android 9.0)