Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 launched March 2011. The device got a lot of attention from the public for its 8.9 screen-inch sizes. It came out of the box with Android 3.0 Honeycomb and later received the final 4.0 ice cream sandwich build. Galaxy Tab 8.9 won’t receive the Android 7.1.2 Nougat officially, though now you can enjoy the unofficial AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9. Don’t expect an official Android update anytime in future. But you can really taste the pure Android 7.1.2 Nougat experience with this Custom ROM. Download and enjoy the AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9.
AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project which is source tree which released by Google to the developer to work on Android OS. Thanks to XDA Senior member – developer decatf for bringing the beta Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM for Google Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-P7310/P7300).
Download and Install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9
This ROM is still under development and has some bugs which need to be squashed. You can give a try and enjoy the AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9.
Earlier we had shared AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo list along with Unofficial Lineage OS 15 and Lineage OS 15.1. You can enjoy the unofficial version of Android 7.0 Nougat and the higher version of Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-P7310/P7300) even though no official treat for this device.
To install this ROM, you need a Custom Recovery called TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (GT-P7310/P7300). If you have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9.
What’s on Android Nougat?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Not Working/Known issues
(p5wifi / GT-P7310)
(p5 / GT-P7300)
- This will work on Galaxy Tab 8.9 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Supported Model: GT-P7310/ GT-P7300
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9:
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Tab 8.9. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat for Galaxy Tab 8.9.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Required ROM FILES
Download AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat
Guide to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That’s it! I hope you have installed the AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy Tab 8.9. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: Development Page
can we download and isntall 4 firmware or just one
in this adress https://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/?id=17225#downloads
Download AOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat
not avail from the given link? please advise, thanks