On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro (codename: AI2201). This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro (AI2201).
Asus ROG Phone 6 and ROG Phone 6 Pro was launched in India as the company’s latest flagship smartphones. Both the device is powered by the latest Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC along with up to 18GB of LPDDR5 RAM. It features a 6.78-inch full-HD+ Samsung AMOLED display with up to 165Hz refresh rate, and sports a triple rear camera setup.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
- Asus ROG Phone 6 Specification:
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro (AI2201)
- What is Root?
- Steps to Root Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro
Asus ROG Phone 6 Specification:
Asus ROG Phone 6 was launched in July 2022. Asus ROG Phone 6 is a heavyweight contender with a robust build and features tailored for gaming enthusiasts. Weighing in at 239 g and measuring 173 x 77 x 10.3 mm, its design showcases a glass front and back, framed by a sturdy aluminum frame, and it’s adorned with an illuminated RGB logo on the back, a unique touch for gamers. Asus ROG Phone 6 is also equipped with pressure-sensitive gaming triggers and boasts IPX4 water resistance.
Asus ROG Phone 6 boasts a stunning 6.78-inch AMOLED display with a 165Hz refresh rate, HDR10+ support, and a resolution of 1080 x 2448 pixels. Running on Android 12, upgradable to Android 13, it’s powered by the Qualcomm SM8475 Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset, an octa-core CPU, and Adreno 730 GPU.
The camera setup includes a versatile triple-lens configuration led by a 50 MP wide lens, while the selfie camera features 12 MP. With 65W wired charging, the substantial 6000 mAh non-removable battery ensures quick power-ups. Additional gaming-centric features include NTFS support for external storage and two amplifiers for stereo speakers, providing an immersive audio experience.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro (AI2201)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro (AI2201) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
Install TWRP via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone permanently, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking the Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Asus ROG Phone 6 and 6 Pro
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.