HBO Max is yet another streaming service offering HBO’s programming and content from WarnerMedia. It was released on May 27, 2020, and offers its subscribers around 10,000 hours of content. HBO Max is similar to other streaming services in terms of the features it has to offer for the user. If you share your HBO Max subscription with others in your family or your friends, you might want to change your profile image in HBO Max.
Setting a different profile image for each user will allow you to differentiate between accounts quickly. Alternatively, if you are the sole user, you can switch your profile image based on your preference. In this guide, we will show you how to change your user profile image in HBO Max. Furthermore, we have added the steps for Android, iOS, and Windows/Mac users.
Steps to change your user Profile Image in HBO Max
Changing the profile image on your account is quite easy. Unfortunately, you cannot add images from your Gallery as a profile image in HBO Max. At present, you can only change your image by selecting a different colored ring. Follow the steps below to change the profile image on the HBO Max application
Change the profile image on Android and iOS
- Launch HBO Max on your device.
- Tap on the profile tab which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- You will see your profile image appear. Beneath the profile image, you will see an option labeled as ‘Switch Profiles‘. Tap on it.
- Now tap on Manage Profiles. This will bring up all the profiles on your HBO Max account.
- Tap on your profile to edit the profile image.
- You will see a bunch of colored rings that you can choose to edit your profile image on HBO Max. Select the colored right that you prefer.
- Once you pick the colored right of your choice, tap on Done.
Change the profile image on Windows and Mac
- Visit play.hbomax.com and sign-in with your HBO Max account.
- Click on your profile image which is located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then click on the option labeled as ‘Switch Profiles‘.
- Next, click on Manage Profiles which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click on your profile or the profile which you want to change the profile image for.
- Select any of the five-colored rings and then click on Done.+
You have now successfully changed your profile image in HBO Max. At present, you can only choose different colored rings to customize your profile image. There are a total of five different color rings from which you can choose from. In future updates, we hope HBO Max offers a bit more personalization by offering users the option to add their own images as a profile image. Alternatively, HBO Max can also offer character icons from popular shows on the platform. Till then, users are stuck with the five-colored rings to personalize their profile images on the HBO Max platform.