When it comes to action role-playing by Blizzard Entertainment, Diablo IV is one of the popular titles under the Diablo lineup. Although this game is set to release officially on June 6, 2023, developers have allowed the pre-purchase option for Diablo fans to start enjoying it. Currently, the beta version is going on where several issues or bugs are bothering a lot of players. Meanwhile, multiple players are experiencing the Diablo 4 beta voice chat not working issue.
So, if you’re also one of the victims and the voice chat feature doesn’t work at all in Diablo IV while using the beta edition then don’t worry. This specific issue occurs with the co-op players during the gameplay sessions where the in-game voice chat is having some issues. But why it’s happening and how to fix? Well, this is nothing but the early access beta stage when plenty of aspects can work weirdly and developers are there to investigate and fix this issue.
Fix: Diablo 4 Beta Voice Chat Not Working
It’s quite obvious that once the game officially releases, there will be fewer bugs or stability issues whatsoever. As of now, it’s unfortunate enough that you can’t do anything to fix the voice chat not working issue in Diablo IV until Blizzard Entertainment come up with a new patch fix for the same. However, it’s worth mentioning that developers are aware of this issue and already acknowledged the same on Reddit but it might take some time to fix it because there is no estimated timeframe given yet.
Luckily, we’ve managed to provide you with a couple of possible workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Update Diablo IV
It’s recommended to check for the Diablo IV update on your respective gaming device by following the steps below to ensure there is no outdated game patch version troubling you. Sometimes an outdated game version can eventually trigger several issues with the voice chat or in-game launching whatsoever.
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
- Turn On your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down and select Diablo IV.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure to turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Choose Settings > Select Updates & downloads.
- Select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable the checkbox.
2. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files might trigger several issues that can be frustrating enough with the game launching. You can follow the steps below to verify and repair the installed game files.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Diablo IV game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
3. Check the in-game Audio Settings
You should also check the in-game audio settings for the voice chat option to ensure everything is correctly configured. To do this:
- Launch Diablo IV > Open the game’s Settings menu.
- Go to the Chat option > Check all the boxes in the Diablo IV Chat Preview Box section.
- Now, enjoy the voice chat feature.
4. Update the Audio Driver
It seems that multiple affected players have reported the outdated audio driver on their Windows computers. If you’re also using the outdated sound driver for a while then make sure to check for updates by following the steps below:
- Press the Win+X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on the correct audio device that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes.
5. Check the Audio Output Device
Another thing you should do is check out the audio output device on the Windows computer by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the connected audio device.
- Right-click on the sound icon on your taskbar.
- Click on Open Sound settings.
- Select the output device which is connected under the Output section.
- Ensure to test out the changes with the Master volume level.
6. Try Using Another Voice Communication Service
If the above methods didn’t work for you then make sure to use some other voice communication services like Discord or Teamspeak or a similar kind of platform. Whereas if you’re playing Diablo IV via Battle.net then make sure to use the voice chat function of the client itself which will work fine most of the time.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.