Whenever you try to connect to your friend’s world and see the message “Unable to connect to World,” that can be frustrating. It is quite a common issue, though, and many players have trouble connecting to their friend’s worlds. In this article, we will try to fix the issue for you. We will list out a bunch of solutions or tricks for this issue, and one of them will help you out in connecting to your friend’s world.
Some of these fixes are quite simple. Just try one fix after the other until your connection issue is resolved. Also, make sure that that your system has the minimum configuration required to run the game. If you have an underpowered system, even then, you may encounter this issue. So without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to fix Minecraft’s “Unable to Connect to World” issue?
Add your friend again:
You have the option of adding friends to your Minecraft account. If, for some reason, you are not able to access their world, try removing them from your friend list and then adding them again. After that, try connecting to their world again, and if you face the same issue again, then move on to the next possible solution.
Reload your private world again:
Sometimes, simply loading your world again can rid most of your Minecraft issues. So even with this issue with your friend’s world, try to reload your private world.
- Launch Minecraft.
- Click Play.
- Navigate to the Worlds tab and select any one of your worlds.
- Open up the menu and select “Save and Quit.”
- Now go back to the game’s main menu and choose the Friends tab.
- Now your friend’s world should load up on your screen.
If you still see the unable to connect window, move on to the next solution.
Update your network drivers:
Network drivers are responsible for your system’s network and connectivity. If your driver files are corrupted or outdated, then the game will have a problem loading any world. So you should try updating your network drivers and see if that solves your issue.
There are three things you can do to update your network drivers. You can let Windows automatically get the latest driver and install it. You can download it yourself from the manufacturer’s site or use a third-party application for drivers.
- Press Windows Key + X and choose “Device Manager” from the list of options.
- Expand “Network adapter” in the device manager window.
- Inside the network adapter section, you will see your network components.
- Right-click on each of these and choose “Update Driver.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions and let Windows download the latest network driver files.
If Windows is not able to detect any files for update, then try downloading it manually. Just head over to your PC manufacturer’s website and search for your system’s drivers using your model number. Download the latest network driver setup from that site and install these driver files on your computer.
If you cannot find any new network adapter driver update setup on your manufacturer’s website, then opt for a third-party application that automatically searches for an update for your drivers and installs them directly onto your PC.
If updating the network drivers also does not solve your issue, move on to the next potential solution.
Change the game settings:
Check your and your friend’s game settings on Xbox.com. Certain settings can prevent someone from joining another world.
- Go to the settings page on Xbox’s website.
- Click on Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Security tab.
- Find you can join multiplayer games option in the list and make sure that it is set to allow.
- Click on the submit button.
Ask your friend to do the same too. If you are still stuck with the error message, then move on to the next solution.
Disable your antivirus:
Third-party security applications such as antiviruses sometimes prevent even network connections suspecting them to be potential threats. Not every anti-virus application has this problem, though. There are only a few out there that might block out connections. So if you are using an antivirus, then try disabling it entirely. To do so, open up the antivirus program and disable the real-time protection feature.
Now try connecting to your friend’s world again. If you see the same error message, move on to the next solution.
Disable Windows Firewall:
Just like the antivirus program, sometimes even Windows Firewall blocks out connections. So try making some changes to your Windows Firewall settings and see if that works for you.
- Click on the search bar and search for “Control Panel.”
- Open it up once it shows up in the results.
- Click on the view by option in the control panel window and choose “Large icons” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” option on the left side of the window.
- Look for the “javaw.exe” entry in the list of allowed apps and features. You may have one or multiple javaw.exe entires. There will be a checkbox next to it. Make sure that there is a check next to each of the “javaw.exe” entries. If it is unchecked, click on the “Change settings” button and check the entry manually.
If all the javaw.exe entries are checked, but still you cannot connect to your friend’s world, then try the next solution.
Use a VPN service:
There is a small possibility that the network that you are using to connect to the internet is blocking your access to your friend’s world for some reason. So try using a VPN service to mask your network’s identity. There are various free and paid VPN services. Free VPN services usually have a very slow network speed problem, though. So opt for a trial period of a premium VPN service and then open up your friend’s world in your game.
So this is how you can solve your “unable to connect to world” issue on Minecraft. If you have any questions or queries about this article, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.