Depending on which version of Minecraft you play, an error message can appear while launching the game that says “Could not connect: Outdated client!”. This Minecraft Outdated Client Error is literally appearing to a lot of players which is really frustrating. Meanwhile, multiple players have also received the same error while connecting to Minecraft Realms. It’s quite unknown that why such an issue bothering players but don’t worry. If you’re a victim, you can follow this troubleshooting guide.
Obviously, one of the most important things is to keep up-to-date your Minecraft game irrespective of which version you’re playing such as Java or Bedrock version. This kind of error may happen on several platforms which is quite common these days. However, if you’ve already updated your Minecraft version to its latest patch, you shouldn’t receive such an issue further. However, if in case, somehow you’re still receiving the error message, check out the steps below.
Table of Contents
Fix: Minecraft Outdated Client Error
It’s needless to say that updating the Bedrock version of Minecraft is quite easier than the Java version of Minecraft irrespective of which platform you’re using like PC, Xbox lineup, Switch, PS4/PS5, and mobile operating systems. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. PS4 | PS5
- Highlight the Minecraft icon on your main menu.
- Now, press the Options button > Select “Check for Update”.
- If there is an update available, you should download and install it.
2. Nintendo Switch
- Make sure to select the + button to highlight Minecraft on your Nintendo Switch console.
- Now, select “Software Update” > Choose “Via the Internet”.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, restart your console to apply changes.
- Finally, you can cross-check whether the Minecraft Outdated Client Error is still bothering you or not.
3. Android | iOS
- Irrespective of your mobile device, open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your handset.
- Now, tap on the search icon or bar and type Minecraft > Search for it.
- If there is an update available for the Minecraft game, it’ll show you.
- Simply download the update and it’ll automatically get installed. (Tap on Update)
4. Xbox One | Xbox Series S & X
- First of all, highlight the Minecraft game icon > Press the Options button.
- Select ‘Manage Game and Add-ons’ > If there is an update available, you’ll be able to see it.
- If yes, download and install the update of Minecraft.
- Now, you can check whether the Minecraft Outdated Client Error has been fixed or not.
5. Windows 10
- Open the Microsoft Store application on your Windows 10.
- Now, search for Minecraft by typing on the search field.
- Once the search result appears, click on Minecraft.
- If there is an update available, click on ‘Update’.
6. Minecraft Java Version
- First of all, you’ll need to ensure which version you’re playing on Java and whether it’s compatible with the server or not.
- However, if you’re trying to join a server that’s different from the Minecraft version that you’re running, you’ll need to exit the game. Open the Minecraft Launcher > Select ‘Installations’.
- Click on the ‘New’ button > Give a name to this new install > Use the dropdown option to select the version which should be compatible with the server version.
- Alternatively, you can go to the server website to check the exact version number.
- Once done and selected, choose Save.
- Click on ‘Create’.
- Select the new game version and connect to the server to check for the Minecraft Outdated Client Error again.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide useful. For additional queries, you can comment below.