Xiaomi launched their new Poco X3 GT in Malaysia and Vietnam, a rebrand of the Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G that was launched in China. The device packs a triple rear camera setup and a hole-punch cutout for the selfie camera. It is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1100 SoC and comes with a large battery that supports 67W fast charging.
On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Poco X3 GT (codename: chopin). This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on the Poco X3 GT (chopin).
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Poco X3 GT device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Poco X3 GT Device Overview:
The Poco X3 GT features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. It is a high refresh rate panel with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It supports HDR10 content and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. Under the hood, we have the MediaTek Dimensity 1100 5G chip built on a 6nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with four Cortex-A78 cores clocked at 2.6 GHz and four Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Mali-G77 MC9.
Regarding optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera setup at the front. The triple camera setup at the rear features a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 16MP sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear camera setup can do a 4K recording, but the front setup is limited to 1080p recording.
The Poco X3 GT comes in three storage options: 128GB internal storage + 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage + 8GB RAM, and 256GB internal storage + 8GB RAM. It will run on Android 11 out of the box with MIUI 12.5 skin on top. For communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. The battery inside the smartphone is a 5,000 mAh cell that supports 67W fast charging. The company claims that the smartphone goes from 0 to 100% in 42 min. The smartphone will be available in three color options: Gray, Blue/Green, and White.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Poco X3 GT using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Poco X3 GT
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Poco X3 GT
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Poco X3 GT.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco X3 GT (chopin)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Poco X3 GT (chopin) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Poco X3 GT bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Install TWRP via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone permanently, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Poco X3 GT device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Poco X3 GT, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Poco X3 GT by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking the Poco X3 GT.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Poco X3 GT.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Poco X3 GT, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Poco X3 GT
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.