Here we will guide on how to download and install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core (codenamed j2corelte, model: SM-J260) which is currently based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update brings all new Android Pie feature and software version bumps to RR 7.0. Full Credits to XDA Recognized Developer mracar for sharing the Official Build of Resurrection Remix GSI for Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (j2corelte).
GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. After Android Oreo update, Resurrection is back with the new version based on Android 9.0 Pie known as Resurrection Remix 7 or RR 7.0. The update is currently live for Samsung Galaxy J2 Core and few other devices. Now you can install the Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core by following our guide given below.
To install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core (j2corelte), your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is a custom ROM based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core (j2corelte):
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported device: Samsung Galaxy J2 Core (j2corelte)
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Samsung USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Base ROM: AOSP by Phhusson
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt your Samsung Galaxy J2 Core for once.
- You can now extract the GSI and move the image file to internal storage of your device [Complete Guide on How to extract any Zip file on Android devices.]
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Resurrection Remix 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Now flash the Gapps zip file by tapping the Install button and select the Gapps zip file
- You can now reboot to enjoy Resurrection Remix ROM on Samsung Galaxy J2 Core.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
—> How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Resurrection Remix 7.0 GSI thread in XDA and report your issue.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Galaxy J2 Core successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA | Credits to mracar