Today we will guide you to install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo K9 which is based on Pie GSI build. Thanks to the XDA Recognized developer mracar who developed the Resurrection Remix GSI.
GSI stands for a Generic System image. The moniker “Generic” implies that such software images could be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. We already shared the complete list of devices supported for Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI).
To install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo K9, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running the latest ADB Fastboot driver on your PC. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Resurrection Remix on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
What is the Resurrection Remix?
Resurrection Remix is one of the popular aftermarket custom ROM for any Android device out there. The update is based on AOSP source code which means that its UI is no different from stock Android on the Pixel phones. The ROM brings many new features from popular custom ROM like Lineage OS, Slim, AOKP, Paranoid Android and many more. Along with all these features, Remix also brings an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and battery life compared to many custom ROM. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 9.0 Pie.Watch Resurrection Remix Pie Video Review
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix on Lenovo K9:
- Supported device: Lenovo K9
- Charge your phone: Make sure to charge before upgrading your device to at least 50% or more.
- USB Drivers: Download Lenovo USB Drivers.
- RR Flashable Zip file: Download Here
- Download Any Gapps File:
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool [via ADB Sideload Method]
Install via ADB Sideload
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on Lenovo K9.
—> How to Install Generic System Image on Project Treble Devices
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Resurrection Remix on Lenovo K9 based on Project Treble GSI images.
If this method doesn’t work, then go to the Resurrection Remix 7.0 GSI thread in XDA and report your issue.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Resurrection Remix on Lenovo K9 successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA| Credits to mracar
- How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Lenovo K9 [GSI Phh-Treble]
- How to Install Stock ROM on Lenovo K9 [Firmware Flash File]
- Common Lenovo K9 Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How to Install Stock ROM on Lenovo K9 Note (2018) [L38012 Firmware]
- How to Install Android Q Beta GSI on Project Treble Supported devices