The France-based manufacturer Infinix has unveiled its new entry-level smartphone. This new Infinix Hot 9 Play comes with a 6.82-inch display, 6000 mAh battery, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage, dual rear camera setup, Helio A25 SoC, and runs on Android 10. Today we will guide you to install the firmware flash file on Infinix Hot 9 Play X680C. Here we have shared the official firmware for this device.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the boot loop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the boot loop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the Infinix Hot 9 Play device runs on MediaTek chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using the SP Flash Tool.
Infinix Hot 9 Play Device Overview
The Infinix Hot 9 Play sports a large 6.82 inches IPS LCD TFT display with an HD+ resolution, and the older waterdrop notch. This display has a pixel density of 260 Pixel Per Inch (PPI), an aspect ratio of 20:9, a screen to body ratio of 82.6 percent, and the HD+ resolution is paired with 720 x 1640 pixels.
Underneath the Infinix Hot 9 Play, it sports the MediaTek MT6765l2D that is also known as MediaTek Helio A25. This SoC is built on the 12nm process, and the octa-core setup includes Cortex A53 cores, where four are clocked at 1.8GHz and the other four at 1.4GHz. To the GPU side, it sports the PowerVR GE8320. To the other side, it comes with 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of eMMc 5.1 internal storage. Further, this is expandable via the micro SD card up to 256GB. The smartphone has a dedicated SIM card slot where you can insert two Nano type SIM cards, and a micro SD card at the same time.
Coming to the cameras on the Infinix Hot 9 Play, it sports a dual rear camera setup. This setup includes a primary 13MP sensor with support for autofocus. This primary setup pairs with a secondary 0.3MP AI sensor. It supports features like triple LED flash, panorama, and HDR. The rear camera can shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps. To the front, the smartphone gets an 8MP sensor that sits in the waterdrop notch. This front camera also comes with a single LED flash. The front camera can also shoot videos in 1080p @ 30fps.
The Infinix Hot 9 Play packs a 6,000 mAh battery, which still charges over the micro USB port, and it only supports for 10W charging tech. The smartphone runs on its own custom UI i.e., the HiOs, which is based on Android 10.
Connectivity options include micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, NFC, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, and FM Radio. Sensors onboard include a gyroscope, g-sensor accelerometer, proximity, and compass. Talking about biometric options, it includes a rear-mounted physical fingerprint sensor and also supports for face unlock. The device is available in four different color options, which are in Mineral Blue, Mystic Purple, Peach Pink, and Peacock Blue.
Steps to Flash the Firmware File on Infinix Hot 9 Play X680C
Before installing the Stock ROM on your Infinix Hot 9 Play, you should download the firmware file. Then download and install the USB Drivers and flash tool on the PC as well. Once you’re done with these, you can proceed to the steps below. But let’s take a quick look at the Stock Firmware importance and firmware details below.
Stock ROM Advantages
Stock ROM comes by default on a smartphone or tablet device that usually runs on an operating system like Android OS. All the device OEMs provide the specially crafted and compatible firmware version for each and every model. It also offers a more stable and smoother user experience which you may not find on Custom Firmware.
- Fix Bootloop issue on Infinix Hot 9 Play
- Bricked your Infinix Hot 9 Play? Unbrick by following this tutorial
- Upgrade or Downgrade the software version on Infinix Hot 9 Play
- Can unroot the device
- Fix software related issues or bugs
- Get back the device warranty again, if under warranty period
- Device Name: Infinix Hot 9 Play X680C
- ROM Type: Firmware Flash File
- Gapps File: Included
- Tool Supported: SP Flash Tool
- Processor: MediaTek MT6762
- Android Version: Android 10
- We assume that you’ve downloaded the firmware file and installed the other drivers & tools on your PC.
- This Stock ROM file is exclusive to the Infinix Hot 9 Play model only.
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- Take a Full Data Backup without Root before doing anything.
- Smartphone Flash Tool: Download the latest SP Flash tool and extract it (Install)
- VCOM driver: Download VCOM Driver and install it on your computer (still compatible with MT67xx phones)
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Infinix USB Drivers
- Download: Download the below given required files on your PC.
Download Flash Files:
Flash File Name: X680C-H6118DE-QGo-OP-200511V86
File Size: 2.2 GB
OS: Android 10
Download Link: Click Here
Instructions to install:
Here is a detailed guide mentioned below which you can follow completely.
- Make sure you follow and download all the required files and flash tool on your PC.
- Open the flash tool exe file to open the SP Flash Tool User Interface
- Tap on the Download option and load both the download agent and the scatter text file in the scatter-loading section.
- Once you load the file, click the Download button
- To start the upgrade process of stock ROM on your Infinix X680C, you need to turn off your device and hold the Volume Down and Volume Up key together and Connect your Phone to PC/Laptop using USB Cable (Keep the Volume Down and Volume Up button until your computer detects the phone.)
- When the phone connects, your device will start upgrading the stock firmware
- Wait for a few minutes, If you see a green button on your flash tool which means the upgrading process has been completed.
- That’s it! You can reboot your Infinix X680C
Follow our full-depth video guide below:Video Tutorial
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve installed the firmware flash file on your Infinix Hot 9 Play (X680C) device successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.