If you wish to root or install a custom recovery on your Huawei Mate 20 X (Codenamed everest ) then this is the perfect time to do it. Today in this article, we will guide you to install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X and Root using Magisk/SU. After installing TWRP and with root, you will be able to flash custom ROMs, install mods, root device and take a complete backup.
If you’re fond of installing custom ROM’s and packages in your smartphone then you need to install TWRP recovery. TWRP is a custom recovery project which enables users to flash custom ROMs, install mods, root device and take complete backup. If you want to get the most out of your android device, then TWRP is a must have tool.
- What is TWRP Recovery
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Mate 20 X and Root with Magisk/SU
- Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X (everest )
- How to Root Huawei Mate 20 X
- Steps to Root Huawei Mate 20 X
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It is a custom recovery for Android devices which developers use to flash mods, scripts, and custom ROMs. TWRP started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease while flashing custom ROMs and tweaks for android user. With simple and easy to use interface, it quickly became popular among Android enthusiasts and developers.
There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing Super SU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs and more. Apart from that you can also Underclock and overclock CPU, clean Wipe, Cache, and Data and so on.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Huawei Mate 20 X and Root with Magisk/SU
Today, in this article, we will guide you on how to download and install TWRP recovery on your Huawei Mate 20 X (everest ). After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several mods, flash ROMs, take a complete backup and so much more.
If you’re doing it for the first time then do not worry, we will be guiding you through all the press. Just read and follow all the steps carefully. But before, let’s get to know some of the device specifications:
Huawei Mate 20 X features a 7.2 inches AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2244 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm) processor coupled with 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 20 X comes with Triple 40 MP + 20 MP + 8 MP, dual-LED dual-tone flash, panorama, HDR and 24 MP front shooting camera.
Huawei Mate 20 X runs on Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and backed by 5000 mAh Non-removable battery. It also has Fingerprint sensor on the back. The handset supports Hybrid Dual SIM with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
Download Required Files
Down below are all the files which you will be needing. Please make sure to download them before proceeding with the installation.
- Supported TWRP device: Huawei Mate 20 X (everest )
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 20 X.
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Huawei USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows || For Mac: Click Here || For Full ADB Setup, Download Android SDK Platform
Install TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X (everest )
Now if you have downloaded all the files and crosschecked all the pre-requisites, then we can follow along with the installation steps. You will need to download some additional files to use this method.
How to Root Huawei Mate 20 X
If you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 20 X device then you can proceed further and root your device. By rooting your device, you will get complete control over your device hardware.
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty. But don’t worry as you can un-root your device anytime you want. Now, let us take a look at some of the advantages of rooting an Android Device.
Benefits of Rooting Huawei Mate 20 X
- You can get access to all files on your Huawei Mate 20 X (everest ), even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Huawei Mate 20 X by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Huawei Mate 20 X.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Huawei Mate 20 X.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Huawei Mate 20 X, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Huawei Mate 20 X
You can root your device either by installing SuperSU or Magisk manager. Both of them work pretty great. We will be guiding for both the installations. Follow all the steps given down below.
Method 1: Rooting via SuperSUFull Guide to install SuperSU on your phone
Method 2: Rooting via MagiskFull Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Huawei Mate 20 X (everest ) Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method i.e. either Super SU or Magisk. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know via comments section. We will be happy to help you.