At the end of 2019, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer OPPO has launched its flagship-like smartphone called Oppo Reno 3. The handset came with Android 10 on top of ColorOS 7 out-of-the-box.
On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Oppo Reno 3 device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Oppo Reno 3 Device Overview
- 2 TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- 3 Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- 4 Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043
- 5 What is Root?
- 6 Steps to Root Oppo Reno 3
Oppo Reno 3 Device Overview
The device has a 6.4-inches AMOLED Full-HD+ display with 1080×2400 pixels resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. It’s powered by the octa-core MediaTek MT6885Z Dimensity 1000L SoC, paired with Mali-G77 MP9 GPU. The handset has 8GB/12GB of RAM, 128GB of internal storage options. It sports a 4,025mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 fast charging support.
Talking about the cameras, the device packs a quad rear camera setup of a 64MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide, f/2.2) + a 2MP (B/W, f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens along with PDAF, OIS, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, etc. The device supports video recording up to 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps with gyro-EIS and OIS. On the front side, the handset has a 32MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode. While the selfie shooter supports 1080p@30fps video recording.
It has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C port, a dual Nano-SIM slot, USB OTG, etc. The device also features an optical under-display fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Oppo Reno 3 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Oppo Reno 3
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043 model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Oppo Reno 3 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method To Install: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Oppo Reno 3 CPH2043 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Oppo Reno 3, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Oppo Reno 3 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Oppo Reno 3.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Oppo Reno 3.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Oppo Reno 3, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Oppo Reno 3
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.