If you’re an advanced Android user and tweaks your device most of the times, then you should know about TWRP Recovery. Additionally, if you’re using the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus handset, this guide is for you. In order to flash any mod file, image file, Custom ROM, enable root access, custom recovery is needed. You can also take a complete backup, restore, and can do more things easily via TWRP. In this article, we will share with a full guide on How to Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus.
It’s an unofficial recovery and Full Credits to XDA Senior Member geiti94 for sharing this recovery file and installation guide. After successfully installing TWRP, you can install several mods, flash ROMs, take a complete backup and so much more. Now, let’s take a look at the TWRP Recovery details and it’s advantages.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is TWRP Recovery
- 2 How to Install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 10
- 3 Download Links:
- 4 How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 /Note 10 Plus
What is TWRP Recovery
TWRP means Team Win Recovery Project. It started as a small recovery project to facilitate ease while flashing custom ROMs and tweaks for android user. With simple and easy to use interface, it quickly became popular among Android enthusiasts and developers. There are quite a lot of benefits of installing a Custom recovery like the TWRP on an Android Device. This includes flashing SuperSU or Magisk as well. These benefits include installing Custom ROMs, Patches, MODs, and more.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery
Here are some of the advantages of installing a TWRP Recovery on an Android Device:
- Flash Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 using TWRP
- Flash mods zip & Xposed modules files to customize their phone
- Root their device and install Magisk or SuperSU
- Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Underclock and overclock.
- Users can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
- Access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- Flash the image file using TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 10.
- Remove all bloatware using the TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 10.
How to Install TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 10
In this tutorial, we will be first installing/Flashing TWRP recovery using flash tools. After that, we will be rooting the device using either Magisk or SuperSU. If you’re new to this stuff then don’t worry. We will guide you through each step. Just read and follow all the steps carefully.
Currently, Official TWRP is available only for Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus
Supported device: N970/971/975/976/N/F/B
- Unofficial TWRP | Download Link [snapdragon variants]
- Unofficial TWRP| Download Link [Exynos variants]
- Odin Tool | Download
- Samsung USB Drivers | Link
- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 | Download
- Magisk | Link
- The guide and TWRP file are only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10. Don’t try on other models.
- You should have a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to charge your device battery at least 50%.
- Download and install the latest USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Samsung Galaxy Note 10. [Developer Options > OEM Unlock]
- Take a complete backup without Root of your device.
Installation Guide: TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:Guide to Install TWRP Recovery via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
- Once the device booted into TWRP Recovery mode, you need to decrypt data partition. In order to do it: Go to Wipe > Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then reboot to recovery mode again.
- Now, flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt, Magisk, and RMM Bypass zip one-by-one to prevent bootloops.
- That’s it. Reboot to the system finally. Enjoy!
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 /Note 10 Plus
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 10, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 10, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy Note 10 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Warning: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
So this is how you can install TWRP and root your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Android smartphone. Please make sure to root only via one method. If you ask me, go with Magisk method as its easy and work great on all android devices. If you’re having any issue or problems with the guide, then let us know. We will be happy to help you. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!