When it comes to the MOBA games, the Mobile Legends: Bang Bang is one of the best in class games for Android and iOS platforms. This online multiplayer game is developed and published by Moonton. While the game was launched back in 2016 and players are literally loving this game. However, the Mobile Legends Stuck On Downloading Resource Screen After Update issue is getting quite higher these days. If you’re interested in fixing this problem then check this article.
A couple of Mobile Legends players are getting stuck on the Mobile Legends download resource screen after update. If you’re also one of them and encountering the issue then check this troubleshooting guide. It’s quite hard to expect from an online MOBA game to run properly without having any issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
Fix Mobile Legends Stuck On Downloading Resource Screen After Update?
- Launch Mobile Legends on your phone.
- If you’re seeing that the game progress is stuck on the downloading resource screen after the update, just press the home button to exit it or force close it.
- Once the game is closed properly, make sure that nothing is running preventing the game to download resources.
- Head over to the File Manager > Tap on ‘Internal Manager’ > Open Android folder > Choose Data > Search for com.mobile.legends folder.
- Next, rename the com.mobile.legends folder to com.mobile.bak folder.
- Relaunch the Mobile Legends game.
- Now, the game will load up automatically and downloads the resources.
- Tap the home button to refresh the process and the game will run in the background. (Don’t exit fully)
- Launch File Manager -> Internal Storage -> Android -> data.
- Now, you will see the new com.mobile.legends folder will be created automatically.
- Rename the folder again to any different name.
- Search for the com.mobile.bak folder and rename it to its original name – ‘com.mobile.legends’ and tap on OK.
- Open the Mobile Legends game and check whether the resources downloading process is moving or not. If not, then fully exit the Mobile Legends game.
- Go to the Settings -> Apps -> Search for Mobile Legends -> Tap on it to open.
- Tap on Force Stop -> Go to the recent apps menu and clear all the tasks.
- Open Mobile Legends and you’re done.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve followed this article and fixed the issue properly. For more queries, you can comment below.