The newly launched driving simulation video game SnowRunner is a 2nd part of the MadRunner. You can drive all the powerful and heavy vehicles in extreme conditions (open world) to conquer missions. But recently, there are plenty of bugs or errors reported by the gamers. Meanwhile, some of the PlayStation 4 console users are reporting that whenever they go to Island lake map or any other map, the SnowRunner CE-34878-0 Error appears on PS4. If you’re also one of the victims, then check this guide.
Additionally, some Redditors have also mentioned that after the error notice, the game starts crashing very frequently and players can’t even stay in the game for long. While one affected player has reported that even after updating the system, resetting PS4 console, rebuilding hard-drive didn’t come in handy. However, that may not happen with everyone and there are some possible workarounds we’ve mentioned below that you can check out.
Fix SnowRunner CE-34878-0 Error on PS4 with Island Lake Map or any Map
We will be listing different kinds of tips to help you rectify the said issue. The basic fix involves restarting the game once. If that does the job for you, well and good, otherwise follow the below methods to fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. On the other hand, if your PS4 is slow, then check out the steps to fix PlayStation Lagging or Slowing problems.
Fix 1: Update PlayStation 4 System Software
It might happen that you are using an older version of PlayStation 4 software. Or if you haven’t updated the game in quite a while, then it might give out an error or two. A new update of any game not only adds new features but also fixes bugs and brings about stability improvement. So it is highly recommended to do so. Follow the below instructions to do it:
- Exit the game and go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Now select the game you were playing and press the Options button.
- Next up, select Check for Update. Wait for some time till PlayStation finds an update and applies it.
- Once that is done, click on the Settings option at the top of the PlayStation screen.
- Select the System Software option and wait for the process to complete.
- When that’s done, restart your PlayStation once. This should fix the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0. If not, then follow the next method given below.
Fix 2: Turn off Face Recognition
If updating the game as well as the PS 4 didn’t manage to correct your error, then you probably have to disable the face recognition feature. To do so, follow the below instructions:
- Head over to the Play Station home-screen and select Settings.
- Then from the Setting menu, select User.
- Next up, select Login Settings and look out for the Enable Face Recognition option.
- Disable the toggle next to it. Fixed the Playstation 4 Error Code CE-34878-0? If not, then try the next fix which we have mentioned below.
Fix 3: Reinstall Original HDD
Have you recently upgraded your Hard Disk Drive in PlayStation 4? If yes, then that might also be the cause of the above-mentioned error code. Therefore, it is recommended to reinstall the original HDD. After doing the same, you should be able to deal with the Playstation 4 Error CE-34878-0 and henceforth fix it. if not, try the next method mentioned below.
Fix 4: Initialize PS4
If none of the above methods managed to fix the PlayStation error, then its time to initialize your PS4. But before you do so, make sure to make a backup of all the data. once done, follow the below steps:
- Head over to the Play Station 4 home screen and select Settings.
- Next up, click on Initialization.
- Finally, select the Initialize PS4 option. Wait for the process to get completed.
So with that, we conclude this guide on how to fix the SnowRunner CE-34878-0 Error on PS4. Do let us know which of the above methods managed to fix your issue. However, if the error still persists and as soon as you launch any application you get greeted with this error, then please contact the PlayStation Support to help you out.