Vernee is a brand of phones manufactured by the China-based Shenzhen New-Bund Network Technology Co, Ltd. Vernee phones using the Android operating system and powered by MediaTek processors. The brand has aggressive pricing to provide the mid-range device in a low-end budget category. The Vernee Apollo, Active, Thors, M series, V2, and X series devices are popular and widely used in the markets globally. If you’re using any of the Vernee devices and want to enable root access, check how to Root any Vernee devices Using Magisk [No TWRP required].
You need to follow the guide correctly. The best part is that it doesn’t require TWRP Custom Recovery. With the help of rooting, you will also be able to flash any custom firmware or mod files on your Android device quickly. As we all know that Android is known for its simplicity and customizability. By rooting your Android device, you can tweak the system apps and settings like changing themes, uninstalling bloatware, etc. But please take a note that after rooting, you won’t be able to receive OTA updates automatically.
Additionally, your device may brick easily due to improper rooting steps, or your device warranty may void as well.
List of Supported Devices:
- Vernee X2
- Vernee M8 Pro
- Vernee M3
- Vernee T3 Pro
- Vernee V2 Pro
- Vernee X1
- Vernee M7 2018
- Vernee V2
- Vernee Apollo 2
- Vernee M6
- Vernee X
- Vernee Active
- Vernee Mix 2
- Vernee M5
- Vernee Thor Plus
- Vernee Mars Pro
- Vernee Thor E
- Vernee Apollo X
- Vernee Apollo
- Vernee Mars
- Vernee Apollo Lite
- Vernee Thor
How To Root Vernee devices via Magisk
Now, let’s take a look at the rooting steps along with requirements and download links. If you have any queries, you can ask in the comments below before doing something wrong.
- Your device battery should be charged up to 50% at least.
- Perform a full backup of your handset data first.
- A USB cable and a PC/Laptop are needed.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows/MAC and install it at first.
- Next, download the Vernee USB Drivers and install it on your PC. [Android USB Drivers]
- You need to download the latest Vernee Stock ROM and extract the Boot Image file:
- Mediatek Device: How to extract the boot image using the MTK Droid Tool.
- Spreadtrum Device: How to extract the boot image using the Spreadtrum Flash tool.
- Download and Install the SP Flash Tool for Mediatek and SPD Flash Tool for Spreadtrum Unisoc devices on your computer.
Steps to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk
- After downloading the Stock ROM, simply extract it on your PC.
- Now, connect your Vernee device via USB cable and copy the boot.img file only from the extracted folder to your device storage.
- Open the Magisk Manager on your device. Select the Install option to choose the file.
- Now, tap on ‘Patch Boot Image File.’
- head over to the folder where you have moved the image file earlier.
- Now, wait for a couple of seconds, and Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image is patched, copy the ‘patched_boot.img’ from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now, follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
Steps to Install the Patched Boot Image on any Vernee Device
Follow the link mentioned below for a full detailed guide on how to install patched boot image on any MediaTek device.Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on Spreadtrum Handset Guide to Install Patched Boot Image on MediaTek Handset
You can also try using ADB & Fastboot method to install the patched boot image file.
- We assume that you have already downloaded the ADB & Fastboot tool from the link given above.
- Next, you need to extract the ADB fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold the Shift key and right-click on the mouse to open the Command Window.
- Then type the following command in the command prompt and hit enter:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with A/B partition system, type and enter the following command:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img
fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
- You need to replace filename.img with the name of the TWRP Recovery img file which you have downloaded.
- The flashing process will begin. Wait for a few seconds to complete the process.
- Now, type the following command and press enter:
Steps to Verify Device Systemless Root:
- Download the Magisk Manager app APK file > install it on your device and open it.
- Now, you need to verify the root. Go to the Status mode. If you see all options are green checked, that means you have successfully rooted. It also means that you’ve bypassed the SafetyNet as well.
- That’s it. Enjoy Rooting!
We assume that you’ve successfully rooted your Vernee device via Magisk. If you’re facing any issue or have any queries, you can ask in the comments down below.