Huawei Mate 10 Lite was announced in October 2017. The device came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. Here we will discuss on how to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite features a 5.8-inches display with a screen resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 970 coupled with 4GB or 6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei Mate 10 Lite comes with Dual 20MP rear Camera with phase detection, autofocus and LED flash and 16MP front shooting camera.
Google finally released the 9th iteration of Android OS called Android 9.0 Pie. The update has rolled for Pixel supported devices and few other OEM supported with Android Beta. After putting Android users through four beta updates of Android P, Google has named Android 9.0 as Android Pie. It is expected that in the coming months all the devices that had been signed up for the Android P beta program including the OnePlus 6, Oppo R15 Pro, Vivo X21 and more will receive the Android P update first.
When will Huawei release Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei Mate 10 Lite?
Under the hood, the Mate 10 Lite is powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 659 chip (a 64-bit octa-core chip with 8x Cortex-A53 cores and 16nm design) with 4GB of RAM. The device already received the Android 8.0 Oreo a few months back. Maybe next year, Huawei will roll Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei Mate 10 Lite. Huawei has not yet announced the ETA (estimated time of arrival), we will keep the post updating. For all Huawei update timeline, you check out the List of Android 9 Pie Supported Huawei Devices.
Until then, you can install the Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.Watch The Android 9.0 Pie Features
Check out the Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Want to try Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Mate 10 Lite?
If you want to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie features, then follow the below guide.
Make sure you have Unlocked Bootloader and installed TWRP Recovery on Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- Supported on Huawei Mate 10 Lite
- Charge your phone up to 50% or more.
- Take a complete backup of your phone data [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Do a full data wipe in the stock recovery (this is mandatory, twrp wipe will not work)
- Your device must be bootloader unlocked.
- Install the latest TWRP recovery on Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- Download the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie. [Thanks to the XDA Senior member DarkJoker360]
- Download Android 9.0 Pie Gapps package. [Flash Gapps after rebooting to a system and then back to recovery]
[su_note note_color=”#fee9e9″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Instructions to Install on Huawei Mate 10 Lite:
- Move the download AOSP Android 9.0 Pie and Android Pie Gapps to internal storage [root folder]
- Now boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
- Now follow the guide on how to flash custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- reboot to system, then again recovery and then you can follow the same guide to flash the Gapps file on your phone.
- That’s it! You can reboot your device to enjoy AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Update on Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Root Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei Mate 10 Lite:
We are not responsible if the rooting procedure didn’t work on your phone.
Download and Install SuperSU root on your phone.
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Hope this guide was helpful to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie update for Huawei Mate 10 Lite.