For social media savvy people, it is a calamity if they are not able to get the notifications on their apps. For example, sometimes users complain that they don’t receive Instagram notifications. In this guide, I will explain to you how to solve that issue. This is a common problem that most social network users face. It happens due to a bug in the app or if the cache of the app is full of junk files. If push notifications have been turned off for Instagram then also you won’t see any notifications.
When notifications don’t show you do not know when someone messages you. Also, you have no idea if someone is replying to your comment or your posts. besides, you will miss out if someone you follow posts some update. Maybe if you are not that much into social media, this may not be an issue for you. On the other hand for hardcore social media users, that is a big issue.
Table of Contents
Fix Instagram Notifications Not Working
First, let us start by trying to update the Instagram app. Some people forget to update their apps regularly. If you do not update your app then you won’t be able to fix the bugs and glitches which may be present.
Install the Update on Your App
If you are using an Android device,
- go to the Play Store app
- Tap on the hamburger button > then tap My Apps & Games
- Then check the list of the apps waiting for update installation
- If the Instagram app is there tap on the Update button you see beside it.
Similarly, if you use an iPhone(iOS)
- Launch the App Store app
- Tap on your profile picture on the top-right corner
- Then scroll down to see which apps are available for update
- If Instagram is there in the list, tap on the Update button beside it
Once the bug has been resolved restart Instagram and then check whether you are now able to receive notifications.
Turn On the Push Notification for Instagram
Push notifications mean when some update happens on Instagram, a flash notification will show up on your device. You need to enable push notifications on Instagram first to use it. This is how you have to do it.
- Go to Instagram
- Then tap on your profile and enter your profile
- Tap on the hamburger button on the top-right corner
- From the menu tap on Settings
- Under that go to Notifications and tap to expand it
- Check that Pause All option under Push Notifications is disabled.
- This means you can receive push notifications regarding various aspects of Instagram.
Clear the Cache of the Instagram App
This process is only possible on the Android device. By clearing the cache we will clean the cache of the app that may be filled with junk files and temporary files that is consuming too much memory unnecessarily.
- open Settings app
- go to Apps & Notifications > See All Apps
- Then scroll down to Instagram and tap on it to open it
- Next, tap on Storage & Cache
- Then select Clear Cache
Relaunch Instagram and check if now the notifications are showing or not. If not, there is one more troubleshooting that can come in handy.
Reinstall the Instagram App
Like I mention every time, uninstalling and reinstalling the app should fix your issue. However, keep this troubleshoot to the last. Only if every other method described above does not work, then uninstall Instagram.
Both on Android and iOS devices, simply long-press on the Instagram app icon. You will see an instant menu. From that, there will be an Uninstall (in Android) or Delete App(on iPhones) option will be there.
Tap on that. Your account on Instagram will be secure though. Just make sure to log out before uninstalling the app. Then from Play Store or App Store download Instagram. Then install it and now you should be able to receive your notifications all right.
So, that’s all the troubleshooting you have to carry out to fix the issue of Instagram notifications not showing on your smartphone. Do share this guide if you found this informative.
More Social Media Guides,