Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (codename: SM-P905) was launched in the year 2014 which came out of the box with Android 4.4 KitKat and later upgraded to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Before upgrading make sure to take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
In order to install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. Thanks to one of the XDA Senior member Valera1978 for sharing the firmware file and installation steps. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s take a look at the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. The top features of Android 9 Pie are New QS UI, New volume slider, Advanced Battery & Brightness, Notch Support, Digital Wellbeing, New Recent UI, and more.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Custom Firmware based on Android 9 Pie AOSP which is one of the major and most stable versions by Google yet. It brings plenty of features and customization options which allows users to be more advanced. While the Stock ROM doesn’t provide you that much of customization options. LineageOS is the part of CyanogenOS which was popular and widely used by the users. The CyanogenOS developers working hard to provide better user experience with possible latest versions.
What's Working and What's not
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data,VOLTE)
- Camera(Including Camera Motor)
- Video Recording
- Off-line Charging
- Rotate buggy a bit
A quick disclaimer: Please don’t follow this guide if you don’t have an idea of what you are doing as you might end up messing up with your device. The GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any damage that may be caused to your device.
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download [Check official forum]
- Download any latest Gapps file:
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P905)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. [How to Install]
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Pie Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 (SM-P905).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Source: XDA | Credits to Valera1978