Xiaomi Redmi 3 (ido) launched in January 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.1 Lollipop. Here we will be guiding you on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3.
Today we have something new for Xiaomi Redmi 3 users. If you love custom ROM, then you probably may have heard about the MIUI ROM. MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Xiaomi and also supported for many Non-Xiaomi devices. Earlier we had also shared MIUI 8 and 9 for Xiaomi Redmi 3.
Xiaomi recently rolled the MIUI 10 for their supported Xiaomi device. If you are a Xiaomi Redmi 3 users, then you can now install the unofficial ported MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3 with our simple guide. Follow our guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3. Full Credits to the developer and his dedicated work to bring the MIUI 10 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 3.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 features a 5.0 inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The device is powered by Qualcomm MSM8939v2 Snapdragon 616 (28 nm) processor under Adreno 405 GPU. The handset packs 16GB variant with 2GB of RAM. Xiaomi Redmi 3 sports a Single rear camera with 13MP camera and Single Selfie camera with 5MP depth camera. The smartphone is running on Android 5.1 Lollipop under MIUI 7.0 software package and backed by 4100 mAh battery.
How To Install MIUI 10 On Xiaomi Redmi 3
This ROM is ported the MIUI 10 to the Xiaomi Redmi 3, but the developer also claims that this is still in beta stage. With this MIUI 10, you can enjoy the flavor and features such full-screen gestures, a dynamic wake-up ringtone that changes style based on the weather condition and time and also includes several other AI-related features which may favor Chinese users.
To install this ROM on your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi 3 smartphone. If you already have the TWRP, then you can simply skip the TWRP Recovery and Bootloader unlock setup and straightly dive into ROM installation process.Related Post
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Xiaomi Redmi 3
- How to Root Install Official TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Redmi 3 [ido]
- List of Best Custom ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 3/Prime (ido) [Updated]
- How to Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Xiaomi Redmi 3/Prime (Android 10 Q)
Download MIUI 10 ROM:
Steps to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Supported device: Xiaomi Redmi 3
- Battery Power: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup before flashing: Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Drivers: Download Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC
Instructions to install ROM:
- Skip the Second and Third step if you already have TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi 3
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Redmi 3. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 3 and move it to the root of the internal memory.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
Guide to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Guide to Install Latest Magisk Root
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.