COD: Modern Warfare 2 campaign mode is now available officially to those who’ve pre-ordered the game across multiple digital platforms. Though the campaign mode has received positive reviews, some bugs and stability issues remain. Meanwhile, COD: Modern Warfare 2 players are encountering the Error Code NIAMEY – LEE your data is corrupted on PS5 consoles after installing the recent v1.03 patch update. If you’re also facing the same, don’t worry.
Affected PS5 users are dealing with the MWII game progress issue where the game auto-updates and occurs the error code NIAMEY-LEE while relaunching the MW2 game. This specific error mostly appears on PS5 consoles you can resolve this entirely by following the steps below. The error indicates that players should have reset their rank and unlocks due to corrupt data. Luckily, there are a couple of workarounds mentioned below to fix it.
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Error Code NIAMEY – LEE your data is corrupted
PlayStation 5 users are facing this particular issue and it’s not restricted to players for the campaign but also they’ve restarted their progressions because it doesn’t allow the players to access the saved progress. So, you can try following the steps below to manually fix this issue.
1. Open Quick Settings and Go Back
If you’re stuck on the ‘Your Data is Corrupted’ error message on the screen, you can follow the steps below to resolve it on the PS5 console.
This issue has been resolved with an update. Please restart your game client.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) October 27, 2022
- Once the error message appears, select Yes > Open Settings.
- Go to the Settings tab > Visit Quick Settings.
- Now, exit Settings > Launch the game to check for the issue.
2. Repair Game Files
It’s also worth recommending repairing the installed game files on your PS5 console by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the missing or corrupted game file.
- Head over to the PS5 Settings menu.
- Go to the gear icon at the top right side.
- Select Storage > Go to Games & Apps.
- Next, select Call of Duty: MW2 > Then Delete and Reinstall the game accordingly.
3. Power Cycle the Console
Make sure to perform a power cycle method on the PS5 console to clear the temporary cache. To do so:
- Shut down the console > Unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Wait for a couple of minutes > Plug back the power cable in.
- Turn on the console and try launching the game again.
4. Check Server Status
If the above methods didn’t work for you then make sure that the MWII game server (Activision Support) or the PlayStation Network Status is active. Sometimes issues with the server can trouble players to join the game.
5. Check Network Connectivity
If your network connectivity is causing problems due to the speed or stability then make sure to power cycle the Wi-Fi router to clear out temporary networking glitches. Additionally, you can try changing networks from wireless to wired or vice versa.
6. Update PlayStation Firmware
It’s recommended to update the PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
7. Update COD MWII
If you haven’t updated the Modern Warfare 2 video game on your PlayStation 5 console for a while then make sure to update it by following the steps below:
- Turn on your PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Modern Warfare 2 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
8. Don’t Put in Rest Mode
Last but not the least, make sure not to put your console in rest mode because it may cause the system to have glitches or fully goes into rest mode. So, during the gameplay sessions, don’t put in the rest mode. To do so:
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.