COD Modern Warfare 2 is running in the early access stage for a couple of weeks in October 2022 and now the full version has been released. However, several players have encountered multiple bugs or issues with this title no matter whether it’s running on PC or PS5. After the release of the latest v1.03 patch update, PC & PS5 users have started receiving the Modern Warfare 2 Your Data is Corrupt or Didn’t Download Properly Error which is frustrating.
Now, if you’re one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. It’s also worth mentioning that after receiving the error message, affected MWII players are being indicated to resetting the ranks & unlocks to continue playing the game. Well, it’s a major concern because obviously resetting the ranks & unlocks will affect the players a lot. Several players have no idea at all what’s going on.
- Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Your Data is Corrupt or Didn’t Download Properly Error on PC and PS5
Fix: Modern Warfare 2 Your Data is Corrupt or Didn’t Download Properly Error on PC and PS5
We should also mention that the MW2 players are receiving the NIAMEY – LEE error code which is also related to ‘your data is corrupt or didn’t download properly’. Therefore, affected players are unable to get into the game campaign which should be fixed manually until developers come up with a fix. The best part is that Infinite Ward has officially acknowledged this specific issue and suggested a possible solution for it. You can check the tweet below.
PlayStation players encountering a locked game tile or issue accessing campaign early access should open QUICK SETTINGS (options button) — and then back out.
This will trigger a return to the correct menu. This will be addressed in an upcoming update.
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) October 26, 2022
Luckily, we’ve mentioned a couple of workarounds for you that should help you to fix such an issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Open Quick Settings and Go Back
If you’re stuck on the ‘Your Data is Corrupted’ error message on the screen, you can follow the steps below to resolve it on the PC or PS5.
- When you’re inside the MWII game and the error message appears, select Yes.
- Open Settings > Go to the Settings tab.
- Visit Quick Settings > Exit the Settings menu.
- Finally, launch the game to check for the issue.
2. Run MW2 as an Administrator (PC)
If the above method didn’t help you then make sure to run the game exe application file on your PC as an administrator to grant the user account control (UAC) access. It’ll basically grant the permissions to the system to run the program properly. To do so:
- Right-click on the COD: Modern Warfare 2 application on the PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Now, click on Apply > Click on OK to save changes.
- Once done, run the game to launch it.
Please Note: If in case, you’re one of the Battle.net client or Steam client users to run the Call of Duty: MW2 game then make sure to follow the same steps for the specific game launcher too.
3. Repair the Game File
You should also verify and repair the installed game file on the PC or PS5 console by following the steps below. It’ll be easy for you to check whether the game files do have issues with the missing or corrupted file. It’s needless to say that missing or corrupted game files on the PC/PS5 may trouble players a lot.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Click on the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II game.
- Now, click on OPTIONS (Gear icon) > Click on Scan and Repair.
- Choose Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on COD: Modern Warfare 2 from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Next, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- This process may take some time to get completed. So, have some patience.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Head over to the PS5 Settings menu.
- Go to the gear icon at the top right side.
- Select Storage > Go to Games & Apps.
- Next, select Call of Duty: MW2 > Then Delete and Reinstall the game accordingly.
4. Power Cycle the Console
Make sure to perform a power cycle method on the PS5 console to clear the temporary cache. It’ll help the console to remove temporary system glitches or cache data to fix several errors. To do so:
- Shut down the console > Unplug the power cable from the power source.
- Wait for a couple of minutes > Plug back the power cable in.
- Turn on the console and try launching the game again.
5. Check Server Status
You can also try checking out the Activision or the PSN server status to ensure there is no issue with the online services. Make sure to check the MWII game server (Activision Support) or the PlayStation Network Status if it’s operational or not. If in case, there is an issue with the game servers, you should wait for a couple of hours and try again.
6. Check Your Network Connectivity
Sometimes issues with the network connectivity at your end may also cause several conflicts with the game launching or connecting to the game servers in the multiplayer mode. If your network connection has lower speed or instability then make sure to change the wired network to wireless or vice versa. You can also try using the mobile data hotspot to check if the specific issue is appearing or not.
7. Update the System Software
It’s recommended to update the PC or PS5 system software to avoid graphical glitches or lags or other stability issues whatsoever. You can follow the steps below to install the update.
- Press the Win+I keys to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update > Click on Check for updates.
- If there is an update available, click on Download and Install.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
- Head over to Settings > Hit System.
- Select System Software > Hit System Software Update and Settings.
- Select Update System Software > Select Update Using Internet.
- Once done, reboot the console to apply changes.
8. Update Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
It’s highly recommended to check for the game updates on your PC or PS5 by following the steps below. It’ll ensure that there is no outdated game version available on the device which can trouble you. To do that:
- Open the Battle.net (Blizzard) launcher.
- Click on the Blizzard logo from the top left corner.
- Go to Settings > Click on Game Install/Update.
- Click on Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games to enable it.
- Now, click on Done to save changes > Restart the Battle.net launcher to apply changes.
- It should automatically update the game to the available version.
- Open Steam and go to Library.
- Click on COD: Modern Warfare 2 from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Make sure to wait for some time until the update completes.
- Once done, ensure to reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Turn on your PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Scroll down to Modern Warfare 2 and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, choose to Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
It may fix the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Your Data is Corrupt or Didn’t Download Properly Error on PC and PS5 for some MWII players.
9. Don’t Put Your PS5 in Rest Mode
If none of the methods worked for you, try not putting your PS5 console in the rest mode by following the steps below. It might have some issues or glitches with the game after waking up from the rest mode on the PlayStation 5 console. So, better to turn the rest mode off, and check for the issue again.
- Go to the PS5 Settings menu > Open the Power Saving tab.
- Select Set Time Until PS5 Enter Rest Mode.
- Set to Don’t Put in Rest Mode > Restart the console to apply changes.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.