Many players are trying to get into the match and play some adventurous game, but Error 6039 is not letting the players get into the game. Whenever the players try to start the match in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2, they are getting Dev Error 6039. This dev error comes just after you are trying to get into the match with a black screen and prompt box.
Thousands of players in the world are facing this dev issue. They cannot figure out why this issue is happening with their game. We are here with this guide to help them find the cause of the problem and how to fix it. With this guide’s help, we hope you will be able to resolve the issue and get into the match again. So, let’s get started with this guide.
- Reasons For Error 6039 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
- How To Fix Dev Error 6039 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
- 1. Check the Internet Connection
- 2. Restart the Device
- 3. Update the Network Driver
- 4. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
- 5. Disable Antivirus Software
- 6. Disable Windows Firewall
- 7. Change Network DNS Settings
- 8. Check For Windows Updates
- 9. Check For Optional Updates
- 10. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
- 11. Reset The Game
- 12. Update The Game
- 13. Reinstall The Game
- Wrapping Up
Reasons For Error 6039 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
If you are getting Error 6039 in Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2, it might occur for numerous reasons. We have listed them below, so make sure to check them.
- There are some issues with the game files
- You have not updated the game to its latest version.
- There are some bugs in the installed game files.
- The antivirus is interfering with the game files.
- Windows Firewall is blocking the responses of the game files.
How To Fix Dev Error 6039 in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2
The players are not able to play the game because of the dev error. We have discussed the various reasons for the issue. Now, it’s time to check out the methods through which you can fix them. Below we have listed the methods through which you can easily try to fix the issue.
1. Check the Internet Connection
The first method that you can follow to resolve the issue is to check the Internet Connection. You should have a strong internet connection in order for the game to work. We’ll advise you to use an internet speed test to determine your connection’s speed. There are numerous websites where you may check the speed of your internet connection. Without a proper internet connection, the game files are likely not to be loaded due to which you may face the issue.
High-speed internet access is necessary for the game. Consequently, ensure that your internet connection is steady. Try using a different network connection to see if that improves the stability or speed of the internet. You can also try restarting your router. Disconnect the devices that are connected to the router. Turn off the router and after some time turn it on. After that, connect your PC to the router and check whether the problem is fixed or not.
2. Restart the Device
Restarting the device can resolve any bugs it may be experiencing. It is the next approach we recommend to fix the problem. Users may experience difficulties playing games because of issues with the device. So give this approach a try and see if it resolves your issue.
3. Update the Network Driver
The next method that you can try to resolve the issue is by updating the Network Driver. Your network driver needs to be updated for the game to operate without any issues. Sometimes, we neglect to update the network driver, which causes problems with the game’s functionality. First, update the network driver using the instructions below if you haven’t already done so.
- Head to the Start menu.
- Use the search bar to look up “Device Manager.”
- A network choice will be visible on the screen. It can be expanded by clicking it twice.
- Then “right-click” on your network driver.
- A driver update option will now be visible; select it.
- Follow the steps displayed on the screen to finish the update.
- Restart the device after the update is finished.
4. Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
There are possibilities that the game might be facing this issue because of the corrupted or missing files. This can happen when the game is being installed and some modules of it might not have been properly installed in the game files. You can fix this easily by the Steam game store. The Steam game store comes with a feature to check and repair the game files. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open Start Menu.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Now, open the app and go to Library.
- Select the game and click on the three dots available there.
- After it, select Properties.
- Head over to the Local Files.
- You will see the option of “Verify Integrity of Game Files”.
- Click on it and wait for the process to get completed.
- Now, again run the game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
5. Disable Antivirus Software
The issue might also cause if your antivirus apps are causing conflicts with the file of the game. Many users have reported that they tried running the game by disabling the antivirus and they were able to resolve this issue.
In this case, the antivirus which is installed on your PC might be blocking the files of the game to maintain the security of the PC. It might happen if they suspect some malicious activity or response. Therefore, we will suggest that you should disable your antivirus and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
6. Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can also be a reason for the error message of the game. The work of the Windows Firewall is to block game files if they suspect any malicious activity with them. It is done in order to protect your system from malicious threats.
This issue can occur if your Windows Firewall has suspected some different response from the server of the Rockstar game and blocked it. However, you can easily fix this to run the game by disabling the Windows Defender Firewall on your PC. Follow the steps below to disable the Windows Defender Firewall from your system.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the search bar.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- After it, click on the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the “Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended)” option.
- You have to do this for both your Private and Public Networks.
- Now, click on OK to save changes.
- Restart the PC and check whether the game started to run properly or not.
7. Change Network DNS Settings
There are possibilities that the DNS settings that you are using might not be correct and can be causing issues in the game from requesting responses. We will suggest that you should cross-check the DNS settings or change them to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, Press Windows + R key to open Run.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter.
- Right-click on the Network Adapter that you are using.
- After it, select Properties.
- Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version 4.
- Copy your existing DNS server addresses properly for both the Preferred & Alternate DNS Server.
- Now, replace it with 220.127.116.11 for Preferred and 18.104.22.168 for Alternate DNS.
- Click on OK to confirm the selection and then click on OK again to save the changes.
- After it, restart your computer and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
8. Check For Windows Updates
Windows updates are also important to avoid this type of issue in the game. Users have reported that this was occurring to them when they were running the game on their outdated windows. When they have updated to the latest one, then the issue has been resolved for them. It is because the Windows updates also contain updates for the network drivers which are necessary to install. In case, if you have not updated the windows and have some pending updates on your PC then you will likely face this issue with your game. Follow the steps which are given below to check for updates on your computer.
- Press Windows + I key to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- After it, click on Check For Updates.
- If there is an update available, then click on the Download Now button to download the available updates on your system.
- Wait for the process to get completed.
- After that, restart the PC, and check whether the black screen issue has been resolved or not.
9. Check For Optional Updates
The optional update is another important factor to run the game without any issues. This update includes important drivers update for the PC through which the apps and games run smoothly on your PC. You need to follow the steps which are given below to check for optional updates on your computer.
- First of all, press the Windows + I Key to open Settings.
- Click on Windows Update on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Advanced Option.
- Now, scroll down and look for the Optional Updates option.
- Select it and check whether there are updates available or not. If there is an update available then download it and wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your PC and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
10. Run The Game in Administrator Mode
There are many users who have reported that they were able to fix the issue by running it in Administrator mode. The administrator mode will give the game all the necessary authority which is required to run it properly. So, if any of the game files are not able to work properly will start running properly on your system and you will be able to resolve the issue. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Select the game application file which you use to start the game.
- Right-click on it and click on the “Run as Administrator” option.
If the game runs perfectly after doing this, then there might be some issues with your account control settings. As the game is running perfectly, then we will suggest that you should do the settings permanently, so that you don’t have to repeat the steps every time you start the game. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Again, right-click on the game file.
- Now, select the Properties of the game.
- Click on Compatibility Tab.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Now, click on Apply and OK Button to save the changes.
11. Reset The Game
You can try fixing the issue by resetting the game from your Windows. Follow the steps which are given below to do this.
- First of all, Open Settings on your PC.
- Now, click on Apps on the left pane of the screen.
- Select the Apps & Features option.
- Search for the game and click on the three dots available on the right side by selecting the game.
- Now, click on Advanced options.
- Scroll down and select the Reset option.
- After doing this, check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
12. Update The Game
There are a lot of users who are facing this issue with their games. As they have reported this to the developers then they will be working on fixing this issue. Sometimes the crashing issue can also cause conflicts between the game and system files. This can be only fixed by the developers. Therefore, we will suggest that you should regularly check for updates for the game to see if there are some new updates available to the game. You can do this by following the steps which are given below.
- First of all, open the Start Menu on your PC.
- Type “Steam” in the search bar.
- Click on the best relevant result.
- Go to Library.
- Select the game and right-click on it.
- After it, you will see the option of “Update”.
- If there is any update available then click to download it.
- Now, wait for the process to get completed.
- After it, restart your system and check whether the game crashing issue is fixed or not.
13. Reinstall The Game
Even after implementing all the methods that are listed above does not work for you, then we will suggest that you might need to reinstall the game to fix this problem on your PC or console. It is the last method by which you can try to resolve this issue on your game.
Many users have reported that they could fix this issue after reinstalling the game on their PC or console. This is because when you uninstall the game then all the files and settings will be deleted from your PC.
After it, when you install the game again then all the files will get installed properly on your PC by which you will be able to fix the issue. So, we will suggest that you should do this if none of the above methods worked for you. After uninstalling the game, restart your laptop/console and delete all the game files from your PC.
Thousands of players are affected by the dev error of 6039 in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2. They are not able to play the game due to this issue. However, you can easily fix this issue by trying the above-listed methods. We hope that this guide has helped you in resolving the issue.
That’s it for today. See you in the next one. If you have any doubts or suggestions, please let us know in the comment section below.