OnePlus launched their new device called OnePlus Nord CE 5G which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G SoC. The device features a triple rear camera setup at the back with a 64 MP main sensor and on the front, it has a 16 MP Sony IMX471 selfie camera.
On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord CE 5G (codename: ebba). This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord CE 5G (ebba).
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your OnePlus Nord CE 5G device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G Device Overview:
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord CE 5G (ebba)
- What is Root?
- Steps to Root OnePlus Nord CE 5G
OnePlus Nord CE 5G Device Overview:
The OnePlus Nord CE 5G features a 6.43-inch Fluid AMOLED panel with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. This is a high refresh rate 90Hz panel. In terms of processing power, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 570 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 570 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. For handling the graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 619 in this processor.
In terms of optics, we have a triple camera setup at the rear and a single-camera setup at the front. The rear camera setup consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.3 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. Coming to the front, we get a 16MP primary sensor paired with an f/2.5 lens. The rear setup can record 4K videos, while the front is limited to only 1080p video recording.
The Oneplus Nord CE 5G comes with Android 11 out of the box with OxygenOS 11 skin on top. There are three storage options for this smartphone: 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage(UFS 2.1), 8GB RAM + 128GB internal storage(UFS 2.1) and 12GB RAM + 256 internal storage(UFS 2.1).
In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have an under-display optical fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and compass. Powering it all is a 4500 mAh battery that supports 30W fast charging. The company claims that it goes from 0 to 70% in 30 minutes.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on OnePlus Nord CE 5G using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord CE 5G
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus Nord CE 5G (ebba)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the OnePlus Nord CE 5G (ebba) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- OnePlus Nord CE 5G bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Install TWRP via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone permanently, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the OnePlus Nord CE 5G device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your OnePlus Nord CE 5G, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your OnePlus Nord CE 5G by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking the OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on OnePlus Nord CE 5G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting OnePlus Nord CE 5G, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root OnePlus Nord CE 5G
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.