Redmi 8A (codename: olivelite) launched in September 2019 which came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. If you have bought this device and looking for a new custom ROM, then you are in the right place. Here we have a Pixel Experience ROM for your Redmi 8A based on Android 10 Q.
With this ROM, you will get the real Pixel device experience on your Redmi 8A without buying an expensive Pixel 4 or later device. As we said, this ROM is based on Android 10 which brings new system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
What is Pixel Experience ROM?
As the name suggests, ROM brings the real Google Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 8A. It has all the features and applications which comes out of the box with Google Pixel smartphone. Now you can experience the real Pixel Smartphone with this ROM. With this ROM, you can enjoy
- All Google Apps
- Pixel Launcher with round icon support
- Pixel Boot Animation
- Google Assistant
- Pixel Sounds
- Pixel Live Wallpapers
- Round Icon for Settings
- Pixel’s blue accent
Here you can download and install the latest Google Pixel Experienced ROM for Redmi 8A based on Android 10 now available. The ROM is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Steps to Install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 8A
To install this ROM on Redmi 8A (Troika_Sprout), First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on your device, and then Install TWRP Recovery. If you already have TWRP, then you can simply follow the below guide to Install TWRP Recovery.
- Supported Smartphone: Redmi 8A (Troika_Sprout)
- Charge the Redmi 8A to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- ARM, ARM64, or x86: Check your Android Phone’s Processor
- Treble Support: Check If Your Smartphone Supports Project Treble
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to Unlock bootloader on your device.
- TWRP Recovery: To flash this, You need TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8A [Watch Video]
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download Pixel Experience ROM here: Download
- Download Magisk zip file for root your device or flash SuperSU zip file
Installation Guide:Guide to install Generic System Image (GSI) on your Android device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi 8A handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
- Top 10 Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
- Common Problems and solutions of Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Lineage OS 16: List of Supported Devices (Android 9.0 Pie)
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Android 9.0 Pie: Supported Device List, Features and Downloads
- List of Pixel Experience ROM Supported Devices
- MIUI 12: What’s new in MIUI 12 and Supported device list