Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (codename: j510/j5xnlte) was launched in the year 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Recently this device has received the official TWRP recovery support. So, on this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2016. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root your Galaxy J5 2016.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Galaxy J5 2016 device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Galaxy J5 2016 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Galaxy J5 2016
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2016
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J5 2016.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (j510/j5xnlte)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Galaxy J5 2016 (j510/j5xnlte) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Galaxy J5 2016 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Samsung USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.7.0 and Higher|
Method: Install TWRP via ODIN
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:Guide to Install TWRP Recovery via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Watch the Video Guide
- Once the device booted into TWRP Recovery mode, you need to decrypt data partition. In order to do it: Go to Wipe > Format Data and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then reboot to recovery mode again.
- Now, flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt, Magisk, and RMM Bypass zip one by one to prevent boot loops.
- That’s it. Reboot to the system finally. Enjoy!
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Galaxy J5 2016, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Galaxy J5 2016 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Galaxy J5 2016.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Galaxy J5 2016.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Galaxy J5 2016, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Galaxy J5 2016
Guide to Root Galaxy J5 2016 via SuperSU
Guide to Root Galaxy J5 2016 via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.