If you’re using the Xiaomi Mi 11 (venus) device and want to enable root access via Magisk then this guide is for you. In this guide, we have shared with you the steps to Root Mi 11 using Magisk without TWRP in a very simple way for your ease.
In order to root your Xiaomi Mi 11, we will use the Magisk to patch the stock boot image and flash that to your device’s boot partition. Now, if you ask why Magisk? It’s a system-less root process that doesn’t tamper with the system partitions while enabling root access. Magisk can also hide online security measures to work apps properly like any banking app, SafetyNet, etc.
Table of Contents
Xiaomi Mi 11 Specifications:
The Xiaomi Mi 11 features a 6.81-inches AMOLED Panel with support for 1B colours. It has a resolution of 1440 x 3200 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. This is a 120 Hz high refresh rate panel that can go as high as 1500 nit in brightness. And as for protection, we have the latest Corning Gorilla Glass Victus on the Mi 11. For the processor, we get the latest and top of Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, an octa-core processor built on a 5nm manufacturing process. It has one Kryo 680 core clocked at 2.84 GHz Kryo 680, 3 Kryo 680 cores clocked at 2.42 GHz and four Kryo 680 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
Coming to optics, we get a triple camera setup with a 108 MP primary sensor with an f/1.9 lens, a 13MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.4 lens, and a 5MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. We get PDAF, OIS, Dual-LED dual-tone flash along with 8K video support at 24/30 fps. For selfies, we get a single 20MP wide sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front is only limited to 1080p videos. We have a number of options for this device when it comes to RAM and storage variants: 8GB + 128GB, 8GB + 256GB and 12GB + 256GB. It runs on MIUI 12.5 skinned on top of Android 11.
For connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C 2.0. And for sensors, we have the under-display fingerprint sensor(optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, infrared, and compass. We get a moderate battery size of 4,600mAh with support for 55W fast charging. The company claims a charging speed of 100% in 45 minutes. The smartphone also supports 50W fast wireless charging. This smartphone is available in five colour options: Black, White, Blue, Purple, and Khaki.
Steps To Root Mi 11 (venus) Using Magisk
Follow the full depth guide along with the requirements and download links below.
Keep in mind:
- Rooting may void the manufacturer’s warranty on your device.
- Rooting will block the firmware OTA updates.
Now, let’s head over to some of the necessary steps which you need to abide by:
- You need to unlock the bootloader on your Mi 11
- Your phone should have a battery juice of more than 60% at least.
- Keep a backup of your device data at first. Therefore, if anything goes wrong, you can get back the important data.
- The image file in this article is supported by the Mi 11 (venus) model only. DO NOT try to flash it on other models.
- You will also require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable in order to connect your device with the computer.
- You should download all the necessary files, tools, and drivers from below accordingly.
1. How to Extract and Patch Boot.image using Magisk?
- First of all, download and extract the ROM to your PC.
- Attach your device via USB cable and copy only the boot.img file from the extracted folder to your device storage
- Launch Magisk Manager. When a popup appears asking to install Magisk, select INSTALL and choose install again.
- Tap on “Patch Boot Image File”.
- Navigate to internal storage and select your phone’s boot image that you transferred earlier.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Magisk will start patching the boot image.
- Once the boot image has been patched, copy the “patched_boot.img” from the internal storage and replace it in the same extracted ROM folder on your PC.
Now you can follow the second step to flash the patched boot image file.
2. Steps To Install the Patched Boot Image on Mi 11
Follow the proper guide to install Patched Boot Image on Mi 11 from the below link:
- Now, extract the ADB & Fastboot tool, then move the patched boot image file to the same folder.
- Press and hold down the Shift key + right-mouse-click to open the command window/PowerShell.
- Next, enter the following command in order to flash the “patched_boot.img” to install Magisk and root your Android device:
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- For devices with an A/B partition system, you have to use the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a patched_boot.img fastboot flash boot_b patched_boot.img
Please replace [patched_boot.img] with the name of the boot image file you downloaded followed by the .img extension.
- Wait for the flashing process to complete.
- Finally, type in the command to reboot your device.
- That’s it.
Steps to Verify the Systemless Root
- Launch the Magisk Manager app on your device.
- Now, in order to verify the systemless root access on your phone, you will see the status screen. Here all options should be green ticked if properly rooted. If yes, that means you’ve successfully bypassed the Google SafetyNet measure as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide useful and have successfully rooted your Mi 11 (venus) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.