Finally, Huawei released the official Android 8.0 Oreo update for Sony Xperia XZ. The update is currently available as an OTA for devices running Stock ROM without Root. The update brings latest Sony UI and brings many new features from Android 8.0 Oreo. Now install Sony Xperia XZ Android 8.0 Oreo Update via our guide.
Now you can install Android 8.0 Oreo on Sony Xperia XZ. With this Sony Xperia XZ Android 8.0 Oreo Update, Sony has added the latest feature from Android 8.0 Oreo such as refreshed UI and design, New app notifications, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
How to Check Software Update on your Sony Xperia:
To receive the update, you must be logged in as the owner, that is, the primary user, to update the device. Now on your phone, make sure you have a stable WiFi or 4G connection to download the software update. Charge your phone to at least 50% battery. Before upgrading, also make sure to take a full backup of your data to avoid any problem in case things go wrong.
- On your home screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Go to About phone > Software Update.
[su_note note_color=”#fbfae1″ text_color=”#000000″]If no new software is available, it’s possible that you may not have enough free memory on your device.[/su_note]
- In case if an update is available.
- hit the DOWNLOAD to start downloading.
- When the download is finished, open the Notification panel again if it is closed, then tap Install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- List of AOSP Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM Supported devices
- Download Install Android Pie 9.0 Generic System image (GSI) – Project Treble Device List
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Download Firmware Here
- Download 41.3.A.2.184 Firmware – September Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.171 Firmware – August Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.157 Firmware – July Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.149 Firmware – June Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.128 Firmware – May Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.107 Firmware – April Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.99 Firmware – March Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.75 Firmware – February Patch
- Download 41.3.A.2.58 Firmware – January Patch
Steps to Install Sony Xperia XZ Android 8.0 Oreo
Before installing, make sure to download the required Android 8.0 Oreo Stock ROM and other tools and drivers. Follow the pre-requisite:
- Firmware Supported for Xperia XZ
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for a few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of Oreo update on Xperia XZ.
I hope this guide was helpful to install Sony Xperia XZ Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Sony Xperia XZ Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia XZ
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device