Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Doogee S68 Pro easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the Doogee S68 Pro Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
- Doogee S68 Pro: Overview
- TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
- Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Doogee S68 Pro
- What is Root? (Advantages)
- Steps to Root Doogee S68 Pro
Doogee S68 Pro: Overview
The Doogee S68 Pro smartphone came with a 5.9 inch Full-HD+ IPS LCD display with 1080×2280 pixels resolution. It’s protected by the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 and offers two panes of GG4 over its screen. The device is IP68 Dust & Water Resistant certified (1.5m for 30min). It’s powered by the MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, paired with 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage option.
The handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie and packs a massive 6,300mAh battery with 24W fast charging support. It sports a triple rear camera setup of 21MP primary lens, an 8MP wide lens, and an 8MP ultrawide lens. While the front packs a 16MP selfie camera The device has an ambient light sensor, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, proximity, an accelerometer, gyro, compass, and barometer. While all other major connectivity options are also available on this device.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Doogee S68 Pro using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Doogee S68 Pro
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Doogee S68 Pro.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Doogee S68 Pro.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Doogee S68 Pro device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Doogee S68 Pro
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Doogee S68 Pro model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Doogee S68 Pro bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- TWRP Recovery 3.3.1 for Doogee S68 Pro
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- Download Drivers: Doogee USB Driver | MTK USB Drivers
- Download SP Flash Tool
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
- For Scatter txt, extrac the ROM: Download Stock ROM for Doogee S68 Pro or you can create Scatter txt file for your device
Method 1: By SP Flash Tools
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone (need scatter text file):
Method 2: By ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Doogee S68 Pro device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.