Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G (codename: Courbet) was launched in the year March 2021. The phone came out of the box with Android 11 R. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Lite 4G. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Lite 4G.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Mi 11 Lite 4G device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Device Overview
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite features a 6.67 inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, has a peak brightness of 1300 nits, and has a refresh rate of 120Hz. Under the hood, we get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chip which is built on a 7nm manufacturing process. This is an octa-core processor with one Kryo 585 core clocked at 3.2 GHz, three Kryo 585 core clocked at 2.42 GHz, and four Kryo 585 cores clocked at 1.8 GHz.
We get a triple camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front in terms of optics. The triple setup houses a 48MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, and a 5MP Marco sensor. On the front, we see a single 20MP selfie camera. The rear setup is capable of 4K video recording, while the selfie camera is limited to only 1080p video recording. The phone comes with Android 11 out of the box with MIUI 12 skin on top.
There are four RAM and storage(UFS3.1) options for this device: 128GB ROM + 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM + 8GB RAM, 256GB ROM + 8GB RAM, 256GB ROM + 12GB RAM. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, NFC, Infrared port, and USB Type-C 2.0.
For sensors, we have a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, and color spectrum. Powering it all up is a decently sized 4520 mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. The company claims 0-100% charge in just 52 min using this included 33W fast charging adapter. The smartphone is available in three color options: Black, White, and Aurora
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Mi 11 Lite 4G using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Mi 11 Lite 4G
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Lite 4G
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Lite 4G.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi 11 Lite 4G
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Mi 11 Lite 4G model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Mi 11 Lite 4G bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
What's Working? * MTP * USB OTG / SD card * Decryption * Backup and restore What's Not Working? * Vibration * Fastbootd * ADB sideload
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Mi 11 Lite 4G device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Mi 11 Lite 4G, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Mi 11 Lite 4G by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Mi 11 Lite 4G.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Mi 11 Lite 4G.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Mi 11 Lite 4G, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Mi 11 Lite 4G
Guide to Root Mi 11 Lite 4G via SuperSU
Guide to Root Mi 11 Lite 4G via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.