Motorola Moto G Stylus (codename: sofiap) launched in February 2020. The handset came with Android 10 Q. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto G Stylus. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G Stylus.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto G Stylus device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Moto G Stylus Specifications:
The handset comes with a 6.4-inches IPS LCD display with 1080×2300 pixels resolution quality that has a pixel density of 399 ppi. The Android 10 running device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, paired with Adreno 610 GPU, 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage. You can also expand storage using a microSD card via a hybrid SIM slot.
It sports a triple rear camera setup of 48MP (wide, f/1.7) + 16MP dedicated macro camera (ultrawide, f/2.2) + 2MP (macro, f/2.2) lens along with PDAF, Laser AF, an LED flash, HDR, Panorama mode, etc. The rear cameras can record 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 1080p@30fps videos with gyro-EIS support. While the front features a 16MP (wide, f/2.0) selfie camera with HDR mode and can record 1080p@30fps videos.
The device packs a bigger 4,000mAh battery with standard 10W charging. It also includes a 3.5mm audio jack, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, FM Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C port, etc. While the handset features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G Stylus using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G Stylus
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G Stylus
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Moto G Stylus.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G Stylus
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto G Stylus model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto G Stylus bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
- No Verity opt Encrypt
- Download SuperSU Zip – For root using SuperSU
- Download Magisk Zip – For root using Magisk
- USB Drivers: Motorola USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot and install it on your PC
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto G Stylus device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G Stylus, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Moto G Stylus by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Moto G Stylus.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G Stylus.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Moto G Stylus, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Moto G Stylus
Guide to Root Moto G Stylus via SuperSU
Guide to Root Moto G Stylus via Magisk
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.
Unfortunately, this article doesn’t make any sense.
When boot up with TWRP recovery image, It asks the password which I never set to.
It causes mount error of file system, so you can’t make backup or even erase all of data. what the heck.
I searched TWRP image which works correctly for a several hours, but most of the website distributes this useless or broken twrp recovery image.
To save your precious time, Please do not think about rooting Moto G Stylus or Moto G pro device.
Also these devices’ usb drivers were made for Microsoft Windows, So if you are a developer using Linux operating system, You should give up. What a waste of time xP
You can just install android-tools on linux, drivers are baked into the kernel. The latest version of twrp is 5. You can get tons more help and info, twrp and ROMs from the Telegram Group. Moto G8 Family