On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto G10 Power (capri). This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G10 Power.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto G10 Power device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Moto G10 Power Specifications:
The Moto G10 Power features a 6.5-inches IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels and an aspect ratio of 20:9. There is no high refresh rate offering with this IPS panel. Powering the device is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450. This is a budget offering from Qualcomm in terms of mobile processors built on an 11nm manufacturing process. This octa-core processor features four Kryo 240 cores clocked at 1.8GHz and four Kryo 240 cores clocked at 1.6 GHz.
In terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the rear and a single camera at the front. The rear setup consists of a 48MP primary camera paired with an f/1.7 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. At the front, we get a single 8MP sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens. Both the front and the rear setup are capable of capturing only 1080p videos. The rear camera can do it with 60fps, while the front is only limited to 30fps.
There is only a single storage variant of this smartphone with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. There is a Hybrid SIM slot for storage expansion via a MicroSD card. In terms of communications, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. For sensors, we have a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, accelerometer, gyro, and proximity. As mentioned above, this smartphone packs in a huge 6,000 battery that can be charged up quickly using a 20W fast charging adapter. The smartphone is available in two color options: Aurora Grey and Breeze Blue.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – Wikipedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G10 Power using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G10 Power
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G10 Power
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Moto G10 Power.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery For Moto G10 Power (capri)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto G10 Power (capri) model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto G10 Power bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Then reboot in TWRP manually or using a fastboot command
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto G10 Power device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G10 Power, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Moto G10 Power by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Moto G10 Power.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G10 Power.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Moto G10 Power, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Moto G10 Power
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.