Motorola Moto G9 Plus (codename: odessa) was launched in the year September 2020. The phone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto G9 Plus. This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instruction on how to install TWRP Recovery on Moto G9 Plus.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to its devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto G9 Plus device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Moto G9 Plus Specificatons:
The Moto G9 Plus features a 6.81-inch IPS LCD panel with support for HDR10. There is no high refresh rate for the display. And we are stuck at the standard 60 Hz. As for the resolution, we have 1080 x 2400 pixels on a screen with an aspect ratio of 20:9. Under the hood, we have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G, which is an upper mid-range processor from Qualcomm built on an 8nm manufacturing process. It is an octa-core processor with two Kryo 470 Gold cores clocked at 2.2 GHz and six Kryo 470 Silver cores clocked at 1.8 GHz. And for graphics-intensive tasks, we have the Adreno 618.
It comes with Android 10 out of the box with Moto’s near-stock UI on top of it. There are two storage variants of the phone: 4GB+128GB and 6GB+128GB. But there is a hybrid slot for MicroSD storage expansion. Further, in terms of optics, we have a quad-camera setup at the back, which consists of a 64MP primary sensor paired with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor paired with an f/2.2 lens, a 2 MP depth sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP macro sensor paired with an f/2.4 lens. This setup is capable of capturing 4K videos at 30 fps and 1080p videos at 30/60/120 fps. Coming to the front, we get a 16 MP sensor with an f/2.0 lens.
In terms of connectivity, we have Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, FM radio, and USB Type-C 2.0. When it comes to sensors, we have all the basics, including an accelerometer, gyro, proximity, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded into the power button. The Moto G9 Plus battery is a 5000 mAh cell that supports up to 30W of fast charging. This smartphone is available in two color options: Rose Gold and Indigo Blue. As for the price, the device starts from a price tag of $ 229.99, which translates to roughly around 17,000 INR.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G9 Plus using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G9 Plus
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G9 Plus
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Moto G9 Plus.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Moto G9 Plus
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto G9 Plus model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto G9 Plus bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery_a twrp.img
fastboot flash recovery_b twrp.img
- Then reboot in TWRP manually or using a fastboot command
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto G9 Plus device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G9 Plus, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Moto G9 Plus by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Moto G9 Plus.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G9 Plus.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
Steps to Root Moto G9 Plus
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.