The Nokia 8 Sirocco is a flagship smartphone introduced by the Finnish smartphone manufacturer. The device ships with good hardware which is intended to ensure a quality smartphone experience. On the software front, the Nokia 8 Sirocco runs the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system out of the box. Today we will guide you on how to install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco. TWRP recovery is considered to be one of the important contributions from the active developer community that Android has. This open-source custom recovery is in wide usage around the world. TWRP recovery helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods, Root or even backup and restore any ROM.
Nokia 8 Sirocco features a 5.5 inches P-OLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels and runs on Android 8.0 Oreo OS. The device is powered by Octa-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor paired with 6GB of RAM, Adreno 540 GPU and 128GB of Internal Storage. Nokia 8 Sirocco sports a Dual: 12 MP + 12MP camera setup at the rear and 5MP front facing camera setup for the best selfie. The device is backed by Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.
[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Nokia 8 Sirocco using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Check Popular Post
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required FilesTWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 Download SuperSU Zip Download Magisk Zip
- This Recovery is only supported for Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- You should have either PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to charge your phone for at least 50%.
- Download and install latest Nokia USB Drivers on your PC/Laptop [For All Android USB Drivers]
- Download ADB Fastboot Tool or Full Android SDK Platform tool
- Before flashing a custom recovery, you need to unlock the bootloader on Nokia 8 Sirocco
- Take a full backup just in case if you need it later
Installation Guide using SP Flash tool:
[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
Full Guide to install TWRP Recovery on your Phone
How to Root Nokia 8 Sirocco
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Nokia 8 Sirocco without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Nokia 8 Sirocco, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Nokia 8 Sirocco, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Nokia 8 Sirocco by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Nokia 8 Sirocco.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Nokia 8 Sirocco, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
[su_note note_color=”#fcebf6″ text_color=”#000000″]uBlock Origin vs Adblock Plus: Which Adblocker To Choose 2018[/su_note]
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Nokia 8 Sirocco smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]Full Guide to install SuperSU on your phone Full Guide to install Magisk and Magisk Manager
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Nokia 8 Sirocco. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.