Motorola Moto G7 Power (codename: ocean) was launched in the year February 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Recently this device has received the official TWRP recovery support. So, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Power on this page. This guide contains both the written instruction and video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the required files and then jump straight into instructions on installing TWRP Recovery and Root your Moto G7 Power.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, you will need to unlock the bootloader to install any third-party file. Then you will be capable of installing TWRP Custom Recovery on your Moto G7 Power device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
Motorola Moto G7 Power is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 chipset coupled with 3GB of RAM and 32/64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie and was backed by a 5000 mAh battery (Non-removable). As far as the camera is concerned, the device has a single-camera setup with 12MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 8MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. Etc. The Motorola Moto G7 Power comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
- Motorola Moto G7 Power Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Common Motorola Moto G7 Power Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola Moto G7 Power [Updated]
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, which is often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Moto G7 Power using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Moto G7 Power
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Power
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Power.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
How to Install Official TWRP Recovery on Moto G7 Power (ocean)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Moto G7 Power (ocean) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Moto G7 Power bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Version||V3.4.0 and Higher|
Method: ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Now, to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Moto G7 Power device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty, and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Moto G7 Power, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Moto G7 Power by overclocking.
- By rooting, you can increase battery life by underclocking Moto G7 Power.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Moto G7 Power.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Moto G7 Power, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Moto G7 Power
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.