The Oppo Find X is a beautiful handset with innovative features, powerful performance, and futuristic design. The device came with a bezel-less design featuring a pop-up selfie and rear camera. Today we have TWRP Recovery for this device. Yes, finally, now you can install TWRP Recovery On Oppo Find X (CPH1871) and Root or flash custom ROM.
If you are here, then you probably wondering how to install the TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X. You can simply follow the guide given here. Once you have installed, you can flash the Super SU or Magisk to root your device very quickly. Before we install TWRP Recovery, let’s understand what is TWRP Recovery and their advantage.
What is TWRP Recovery:
TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project is a fully touch-based and open source custom recovery for Android devices. It is the best custom recovery after ClockworkMod (aka CWM). Unlike Stock Recovery, TWRP helps to install Custom ROM, Kernel, Mods or even root any Android devices in just a few simple steps.[su_quote cite=”Wikipedia” url=”https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWRP”]Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn’t dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.[/su_quote]
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Oppo Find X using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Oppo Find X
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that, By doing this you will loose the warranty and sometime if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. That won’t happen though you follow our step by step guide carefully.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X (CPH1871)
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.Complete Video tutorial to install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X (CPH1871)
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Oppo Find X
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Install the Latest Oppo USB Drivers.
- Download TWRP Recovery here
- Download ADB and Fastboot tool for Windows || For Mac: Click Here || For Full ADB Setup, Download Android SDK Platform
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Installation Guide using Adb Command Window:[su_note note_color=”#035786″ text_color=”#ffffff”]At GetDroidTips, We will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device while following this Guide. Do it at your own risk. Remember rooting or installation of Custom Recovery will void the warranty of your phone.[/su_note]
Follow the instructions given down below to install TWRP on your phone:
How to Root Oppo Find X:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Oppo Find X without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Oppo Find X, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device any time without any issues.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Oppo Find X, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Oppo Find X by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Oppo Find X.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Oppo Find X.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Oppo Find X, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Oppo Find X smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.[su_note note_color=”#faf5ce” text_color=”#1d1d1d”]Note: Don’t try to flash both Magisk and SuperSU on your phone. You need to root either with SuperSU or Magisk[/su_note]
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Oppo Find X. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.
- List of Best Custom ROM for Oppo Find X [Updated]
- Download Pixel Experience ROM on Oppo Find X with Android 9.0 Pie
- Download Resurrection Remix on Oppo Find X based 9.0 Pie [RR 7.0]
- How to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Oppo Find X [GSI Phh-Treble]
- Oppo Find X Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- Is Oppo Find X Waterproof smartphone?