Installing TWRP Recovery and Rooting your Android device now becomes quite easy and useful too. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps on How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme 5 (RMX1911) devices easily. The TWRP Recovery installation process will also require unlocking the device bootloader. So, we will share how to Unlock the Realme 5 Bootloader guide as well.
The smartphone OEMs don’t provide an unlocked bootloader for some security reasons. Whereas unlocking the device bootloader will come in handy to install custom recovery as well. The Custom Recovery tools will be like TWRP, CWM, etc. Here we will use the TWRP Recovery. By installing the TWRP Recovery, you can easily flash firmware files, install root, take a full backup, and more.
Realme 5 Specifications: Overview
The Realme 5 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC processor which is paired with 6/8/12GB of RAM. In the display department, it sports an AMOLED display of 6.47 inches with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolutions. The Axon 10 Pro is available in options of 6GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB and 12GB/512GB of memory and storage. It runs on the Android 9 Pie out of the box with the MiFavor 9.1 UI on top. Note that there is a dedicated memory card slot on this device as well.
In the camera section, it has a triple camera setup that houses 48MP+8MP+20 MP lens which comprises of a wide, telephoto, and an ultra-wide sensor, respectively. For selfies, there is a 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture. Moreover, the device also has an in-display fingerprint scanner. Under the hood, this phone comes with a massive non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and supports fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 4+).
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. It basically lets the user flash custom recovery files, firmware files, root files easily on their Android smartphones. The firmware and other zip files can be easily flashed by this tool. Thanks to the XDA developer ganesh varma for sharing the TWRP Recovery for Realme 5.
Meanwhile, you can also install or flash the custom recovery files, Xposed Modules, etc on your device. Additionally, creating the Nandroid backups & restores, factory reset, install GApps, etc can be done easily.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Realme 5 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Realme 5
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Realme 5.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Realme 5.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Now, let’s check how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Realme 5 device.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery On Realme 5 (RMX1911)
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Realme 5 (RMX1911) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Realme 5 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Download Magisk or SuperSU file for rooting. You can follow one method from below.
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download and Install the latest Realme USB Drivers on the computer.
Instructions to install
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on Realme 5 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root? (Advantages)
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. Improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Realme 5, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Realme 5 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Realme 5.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Realme 5.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications. Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Realme 5, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Realme 5Guide to Root Realme 5 via SuperSU Guide to Root Realme 5 via Magisk
We assume that this full depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.